Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Going from 'Work to residency' visa (accredited employer) to permanent residency

hi Karen, is this still valid today? the 90K base?

Quote Originally Posted by nalinduh View Post
    hi Karen, is this still valid today? the 90K base?
    I'd also like to know that. Current INZ1176 doesn't mention that (or I missed it)

Quote Originally Posted by gsz View Post
    I'd also like to know that. Current INZ1176 doesn't mention that (or I missed it)
    I spoke to INZ this morning and two different agents confirmed that it is still the case that you may be considered for PR if your base salary is over $90,000.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...es/inz1003.pdf mentions it on page 11.

Quote Originally Posted by BazCat View Post
    I spoke to INZ this morning and two different agents confirmed that it is still the case that you may be considered for PR if your base salary is over $90,000.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...es/inz1003.pdf mentions it on page 11.
    Great! Thank you very much.

Hi everyone,

I have a WTR visa Talent (Accredited employer), I've worked for 2y now with the same company but I don't reach the 90k.

My salary is not that bad 75k, which is higher than the 55k required for the usual residence, but I would really want to apply straight to PR.

With my partner, we were planning to travel for 1 year to do humanitarian work in dif. countries before settling us down here, so it's a bit annoying if we have those travel restrictions =(

Working in IT I think I could get 90k or more but I will need to change job, adding some complexity to the situation...

So the big question before we apply, Is there any way I could apply/get a Permanent residency or is a big NO?

Thanks

No, there isn't a way to go directly to permanent residence unless you meet the financial requirement. But suppose you go ahead and get your residence, you won't have restrictions on your travel. You get two years' travel conditions with residence, which aren't really conditions, but actually, permission to re-enter NZ freely as many times as you want to during those two years. So you could go and do your overseas volunteering during one year, then return to take up life in NZ without any trouble. In order to get PR, you need to meet the conditions https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident, and if you then didn't meet them two years after getting residence because of your time overseas, you should be able to get a variation of travel conditions for the next year, if you want to have the possibility of trips overseas during that time. But being in NZ as a resident, you don't need travel conditions if you're not going overseas, and residence itself lasts for ever while you are in the country - it's just getting back in if you leave that has to be thought about.

Hi JandM,

Thanks very much for your answer. I guess immigration is really 'black or white' and if they say that's the base salary, that's it.
    I will then lodge my application for residency and try to program our 1y trip as best as we can based on the outcome.
    Do you know what's the minimum time (if there is any) I can lodge the application before my current visa expires? For example 1 month before the expiry date is ok?
    How long could the decision take? Does INZ keep the passport all that time?

Sorry but suddenly lots of other questions arise =D

I read is 3 months before =P
    but I would still want to know:

1. Do they keep the passport during decision time?

2. My visa expires end of Oct. but I have a holiday planned Aug-Sept should I then apply now? to allow time for a decision before I go on holiday? The time is short and I am concerned but it's also a short timeframe when I'll be back (only 1 month).

3. I would also like to know. I've lived here for the past 2 years (Apr when my work visa was approved), my police certificate will still be valid if I apply next week? OMG

What would be your advice on this points?
    Thanks, heaps!
    Last edited by hdzAE; 3rd May 2018 at 02:22 PM.

Do you know what's the minimum time (if there is any) I can lodge the application before my current visa expires? For example 1 month before the expiry date is ok?
    No, it can't be done. As it says here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident as the first requirement, "you can obtain a Permanent Resident Visa if you have held your resident visa for at least two years," so applying BEFORE you have done so would make the application invalid and unacceptable.

How long could the decision take? Does INZ keep the passport all that time?
    It's a quick and easy process compared with what you have done in the past, but the time-lag depends on how many cases are in the queue for it just before yours is logged in. It's been done in days for some (but that is rare nowadays), and recently we have seen people wait 4 - 6 weeks, so you have to consider that whole range as being normal. Yes, they'll have your passport, so that as soon as your case gets its turn, the visa label can be stuck in.

My visa expires end of Oct
    WHAT visa is it that you have which expires at the end of October? You have said you started working in April two years ago.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast