Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going from 'Work to residency' visa (accredited employer) to permanent residency

Default Going from 'Work to residency' visa (accredited employer) to permanent residency

Hi,

Does anyone have experience going from completing 2yrs on a work to residency visa with an accredited employer to gaining permanent residency?

from the pdf at
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1176.pdf

page 3 states:

"A small number of people can be granted a permanent
    resident visa without first having held a resident visa.
    These are:
    • refugees and protected people
    • successful applicants under the Talent (Accredited
    Employer) Residence from Work Category who meet a
    certain income threshold, and
    • partners of New Zealand citizens, where the couple
    has been together for more than five years and the
    New Zealand citizen has been overseas for more than
    five years."

and from:
    http://www.enz.org/work-visa-new-zealand.html it states:

"Work To Residence (WTR)
    The most desirable work visa is the Work to Residence Visa.

If you can get one, qualifying for permanent residence is straightforward. All you need to do is work in NZ for two years and apply for permanent residence."

..so is my understanding that I can go straight to permanent residency correct? i.e. no having to spend 2 years on a residence class visa first before it becomes permanent?

My company is an accredited employer and I'll have the offer of a contract for an additional 12 months, and over the 2 yrs of my work visa I'll have been in the country enough days, and assuming medical and police checks are fine - it seems like this is a pretty pain free route to getting the permanent residency? unless I've mis-understood something?

Any thoughts

Cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul78 View Post

http://www.enz.org/work-visa-new-zealand.html it states:

"Work To Residence (WTR)
    The most desirable work visa is the Work to Residence Visa.

If you can get one, qualifying for permanent residence is straightforward. All you need to do is work in NZ for two years and apply for permanent residence."

..so is my understanding that I can go straight to permanent residency correct? i.e. no having to spend 2 years on a residence class visa first before it becomes permanent?

My company is an accredited employer and I'll have the offer of a contract for an additional 12 months, and over the 2 yrs of my work visa I'll have been in the country enough days, and assuming medical and police checks are fine - it seems like this is a pretty pain free route to getting the permanent residency? unless I've mis-understood something?

Any thoughts

Cheers
    Paul
    First point is that the information listed on the enz website is out of date, it should say residence and not 'permanent residence' i.e. it is still using the old terms.

It is possible to go straight from WTR to permanent residence (was a reasonably recent change) but most people would go to residence first.
    Will you meet the requirements to go straight to permanent residence including minimum income?

What do you mean by pain free route? Surely there are more (or should that be less) pain free routes?

Ian

Hi. If your base salary is more than $90k and you meet all the other standard requirements then you can go straight to Permanent residence. See Ops manual RW2.1. Cheers. Karen

Yes, it is straightforward if you are on an accredited employer work visa (talent visa) to go to residence/permanent residence. Once you have been here 2 years you can apply for residency and if you earn over $90 000 and fulfill the other requirements you should get permanent residence status straightaway. This applies to everyone on your initial application as well so if you have a partner/children they also get the permanent residence status. Only if you fulfil the salary requirement, otherwise you can get residence status and apply for permanent residence after a further 2 years.
    Info here: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...tepsfortalent/
    and here about the $90,000 requirement: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../residence.htm
    This application can go quite quickly as they are processed through the business immigration section and we know of other peoples' applications which took a similar length of time.

Thanks guys - I wasn't aware of the 90,000 threshold (I'm under that)

Does 'just' having Residence bother you? You'll have two years' travel conditions along with it, so it shouldn't cramp your style at all, and you'll have privileges such as use of the NZ health service.

Default HOW do I directly apply for permanent residency

Hi,
    we are here under my husband's work to residency visa (accredited employer) now for almost 2 years. Thanks so much for the thread above which helped me find our that there seems to be a way to permanent residency:
    - he is with an accredited employer
    - luckily minimum salary is met (if it hasn't increased in the meantime)

I just cannot find an application form for our situation to apply rof PR directly. Do I simply use INZ 1000 (residence Application) and when the reviewer sees the according informaiton (accredited employer & salary) we will be granted PR directly??

Cheers!
    Last edited by vaul10; 9th June 2015 at 01:43 PM. Reason: typo

Basically, yes, but it's not a bad idea to put in your covering letter that you fulfil the requirements for getting PR directly.

Quote Originally Posted by vaul10 View Post
    Hi,
    we are here under my husband's work to residency visa (accredited employer) now for almost 2 years. Thanks so much for the thread above which helped me find our that there seems to be a way to permanent residency:
    - he is with an accredited employer
    - luckily minimum salary is met (if it hasn't increased in the meantime)

I just cannot find an application form for our situation to apply rof PR directly. Do I simply use INZ 1000 (residence Application) and when the reviewer sees the according informaiton (accredited employer & salary) we will be granted PR directly??

Cheers!
    Yes, you apply for residency and if you fulfil the criteria you are granted permanent residency (both of you)

Perfect, thank you JandM & girlwithanewf!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast