Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Going from 'Work to residency' visa (accredited employer) to permanent residency

Red face

Ohh my bad, sorry about the confusion in the questions, I'll try to explain it in a clearer way =)

I currently have a Talent (Accredited employer) work visa and I've been working for the same employer for 2y now. This visa will expire in October 2018.
    I've read that I don't meet the 90k salary to be considered for a PR but it's ok with my 75k for Residency from work/Talent (INZ1000)

This year I'm going on holiday to see family for 1 month between Aug-Sept. I am concerned about the best time to lodge my application (knowing that INZ keeps the passport) and that there is not enough time to lodge it when I'll be back. I think the wisest decision is to lodge application soon very soon =)

I've read that I can give a certified copy of the passport with the application. If I don't get any decision before my trip in Aug. Can I still go on holidays with my original passport? I need to notify INZ of my absence?

Talking about the documents to present with my application. Do I still need to do a new police certificate?
    I already gave one for my work visa (Apr 2016) and I've been living here since then. I haven't even returned to my home country! The only place I went on holiday was India for 2 weeks.

I hope I explained it better =) Thanks in advance for your help
    Last edited by hdzAE; 4th May 2018 at 05:21 PM.

I've read that I can give a certified copy of the passport with the application. If I don't get any decision before my trip in Aug. Can I still go on holidays with my original passport? I need to notify INZ of my absence?
    Correct. Yes, you can, bearing in mind that you need to be back in NZ while your old visa is still valid (or they wouldn't allow you to re-enter) - I know that is in your plans anyway. Yes, always keep INZ informed of your whereabouts and contact details while they are processing an application for you, because they may need to ask or tell you something.

Applicants for a residence class visa may provide a Medical Certificate and Chest X-ray Certificate, which was issued more than three months before the date that their application is made, if:

they have provided a Medical Certificate and Chest X-ray Certificate with an earlier visa application; and
    they were assessed as having an acceptable standard of health based on those certificates; and
    those certificates were issued less than 36 months prior to the current application.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm....htm?35154.htm A4.20 d.

Thanks JandM! I will def. get a certified copy of my passport.

For my current visa, I have done the Medical certificate and X-ray and apparently, they're still valid.
    I've also done the police certificate at that time but I don't know if that one still valid?
    I suppose no because it's written on the website: 'Police Certificates must be less than 6 months old when you apply' and mine are already 24 months old.

Thanks for your help

In some circumstances, a police certificate can be re-used, but it doesn't apply to your situation - see here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm....htm?35052.htm

Hi all

My Talent Accredited Employer Work to Resident visa was approved on 12th Feb 2018 and expires in August 2020.

Does that mean I can lodge a Residency From Work Visa (Talent accredited employer resident visa) application on 13th Feb 2020? However that would be before the end of the 2019 tax year (1 April 2019 - 30 March 2020), how will INZ verify that I have earned at least $55,000 for the second year if I cannot request a PTS / obtain summary of earnings until April 2020?

Or would it be advisable to wait until April 2020 to submit the resident visa application as by then my IRD account will be updated to reflect my annual earnings for the second year of my WTR visa?

Presumably, you could send them your payslips and financial records showing the moneys arriving with you, and they could do the maths?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345