Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear all, why NZ? Why not Australia or Canada?

Default Dear all, why NZ? Why not Australia or Canada?

Dear all,
    Recently, I'm thinking why we stuck in NZ applicaiton desperately (almost 12 months or longer plus risk of WTR/JSV plus more expensive application fee)?
    why not Australia? no interview, direct Residence visa if qualified.
    why no Canada? now very fast decision-making (53 calendar days)?

because of higher standards of requirements? i think most of us can meet the eligibility requirements.

becase of more attractions from NZ? what are they?

for me, i am not able to get score of 7 in every component of IELTS, but i am considering the state nomination program in Australia in July this year.
    for me, i am submitting the application to Canada after their new rules set out. and probably, decisionn from Canada will be quicker than that of NZ.

How about you?

Having lived in Australia and NZ and looked at Canada, UK migration . I really think that in terms of benefits and conditions these country would provide a tick box on your basic criteria. However depending on your personal needs , preference and current state/stage of your life you will find one country attractive to another and this should decide where you want to spent more of your life time !
    so look at what you want example--- housing costs; work life balance ; low/high population city, cold or hot weather, high/average salary; distance from native country; time zone difference ; nearness to other countries; work comute time , etc.... and then research and look at these countries from your perspective and you will find which country, city is best suitable for you.

I think it really depends on what you actually ask for. Obviously, NZ is not the only choice for quite a few people who are eligible for skilled immigration, and for some it is hardly the best option either. It is understandably frustrated, in particular for those claiming high scores in their EOIs, that JSV is granted after spending high expenses and waiting for such a long time, which has virtually prevented some individuals from taking their actions to apply.

But I have to ask a question, which actually I had asked myself from time to time before I submitted my application, is the residency the end of my immigration? Or is it just the start? I will have to seek a job, find a place to live in, afford the high housing price, etc... All of these are factors that I have to resolve in the future, regardless of the outcome of my application. In this instance, there is no big difference of JSV or RV, and I personally suppose it should be the start of a brand new life, with hopes as well as challenges.

Here is another point of my story. It was exactly the existence of JSV that had forced us to get fully prepared for both the interview and settlement. I have no intention to say anything on behalf of INZ, but it is understandable that the NZ government is seeking someone who can benefit their country. Actually JSV is a challenge to applicants, but in the meantime it is also an opportunity for holders to prove they are exactly who NZ is looking for.

Wish you good luck, gjmfl!

I agree with kuncle, migration depends on what priorities you have. I am choosing NZ because of laidback lifestyle, less pollution, work life balance, a lot of outdoor activities, better environment, etc.. and... hey, have i mentioned sefety? NZ is considered as one of the best place to live and Auckland as one of the best cities...

3 years ago, I have submitted my EOI but was declined but because i know what i want, i haven't stopped thinking about NZ. Though i got frustrated having a declined EOI back then, I paused for about a year and I need to look after another priorities. Though I also tried applying for jobs online but its a known fact that, most of the employers needs someone with valid visa or are already in NZ... Since I was into my work and attending to some priorities, I just wait and see if LTSSL would soon be updated so I can qualify for an EOI. After a year and a half, there goes an update in the LTSS and luckily, I qualified so i did not hesitate to lodge my EOI...As the saying goes, "Good things come to those who wait".

What made my decision to go further is that, I fell in love with NZ the 1st time I landed my feet in NZ.. I haven't thought of any better place and this became my definition of a perfect place to raise a family. Given that I was also given a chance to report to our NZ counterpart office and perfectly found out the true meaning of work life balance... we don't have that one (i guess) here in Manila. Though technically some employers here promote that but, I feel that i still need to work more and more..Yes there are ups and downs but hey, all good things outweighs the "not so" good things (again I am biased here, this is based on my own perspective).

I haven't been to Australia but I think I will still choose NZ if I get a chance to visit the place. Same goes with Canada. What I'm trying to tell is that, it all depends on the "needs" and "wants" of someone looking for a better life.

You might want to read this blog... it's a good post. Thanks to the one who shared this link in this forum. and of course the one who owns the blog.

http://brokenluggage.wordpress.com/
    Last edited by trevore; 28th May 2013 at 10:49 PM.

I`v chosen NZ as my first option because of what I read/heard about the people, culture, geography and firstly about the place it got in this rating:
    http://www.transparency.org/cpi2012/results

Still after 6 months of submitting the EOI (130 points) I failed to find a suitable job. In 3 months I will be able to score 140 points without the job offer, but I am no longer convinced that NZ is truly a good match for me (my one and ONLY concern is finding a suitable job).

The immigration.govt.nz website seams clunky, old somehow.
    I may be wrong, but the impression I have after 9 months of research/job search is that NZ is Not Really That Eager for migrants (any more).
    NZ is still my first choice.
    Last edited by AntonescuM; 28th May 2013 at 11:35 PM.

gjmfl,

That is an interesting topic spurring up, something which always keeps nagging you.
    I would look at it from multiple scopes namely, settlement, occupation opportunities, life style, governance etc.

Canada was also on my list, however there isn't much scope/or not advertised for ICT( my field). Hence that dropped off.
    Oz which most of the folks will say is better than NZ, is considered good in terms of job, pay and life style.

For me, NZ was there always, a very natural place with its beauty and at the same time a relaxed environment for a family to dwell, doing your job functions also.
    Not too much stress that i have heard of , as compared to other places where its all work and no time for family/leisure.

It is very subjective, hence my two cents will be to decide on the factors that govern our very existence & continuity amidst turmoils around.

Cheers!

the impression I have after 9 months of research/job search is that NZ is Not Really That Eager for migrants
    NZ is only eager for migrants who have a skill that is in short supply, in my view, and NZ tolerates migrants with other skills, or who have a partner/family relationship with a NZer or NZ worker. I don't think this is strange - it doesn't owe foreigners anything.

I don't find it the right approach to only look at how easy or difficult it is to get to a country, there is so much more to consider and it is a life-changing decision to make!
    Without being able to comment on the rules and regulations for Australia and Canada regarding immigration, it does seem strange to me that there would be no requirements for a language test?
    Good luck for you, wherever the journey will take you.

Australia has a requirement for English, http://www.australianaustralia.com/p...quirements/249, and so does Canada (well, English OR French) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/language.asp.

Australia - Spiders
    Canada - Bryan Adams
    NZ it is then!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast