Thread: Recommendation for shipping computers?

Default Recommendation for shipping computers?

My son and family are moving to NZ in a year. They're making the move with minimum household goods and will give NZ a try for a year or two before shipping a container. In the meantime, my son will need his computer and monitors in NZ as this is how he earns his living. Sending them in checked baggage seems a little risky.

Do you have suggestions on the safest and fastest way to bring the computers to NZ? Fed-ex? DHL?

Hi...we took the hard drive(s) out, put them in the carry on luggage and then bought a desktop and a monitor in NZ until the "proper PC" arrived with the good monitors; then used the stuff we bought in NZ as a Home Media Server...

Depends on what the work is etc I guess, but no problem on going through all the transit searches. That was 5 years ago mind.

If thats not an option, I'd ask FedEx and wait for a few replies on here...

good luck!

Thanks for your reply. I'll forward the info to my son. (he's an illustrator)

Hey...no problem... come back if you/he has any more Q's

unseat the processor fan before moving it around or itll crack the motherboard.

try taking out the pc components and put them in hand luggage, the buy a chassis in NZ for $100 or so