Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cold weather... house insulation.

Gosh Kevin - you have got problems. I have a bad back which bothers me even more when I'm cold - tensing up the muscles and all that, so I can sympathise in a way. How are you doing after the op?

Was visited by a bloke from ARL Air Conditioning today www.arltd.co.nz who advised that it would probably cost $12,000 to $14,000 to install a heat pump system in our 'villa' in Feilding. That would be in living room, two bathrooms and three downstairs bedrooms. The two dormer bedrooms don't really need it as the heat rises straight up there, in fact I'm thinking of living up there until we can get a heating system installed. . But it is getting warmer now. Didn't light the woodburner until 4pm yesterday in expectation of the temperature dropping in the evening.

Also got info from www.chilltech.co.nz

Sandra

Hi Sandra

Thanks for the concern, I’m doing far better than I thought possible. I had a prolapsed disc, which they had to partially cut out, along with some vertebrae… Anyway, I was up and walking within eight hours and back home the next day… just got to take it real easy for a few weeks.

Thanks also for the links, I am looking at them as I write this.

Regards

Kevin

We've just had a quote on solar waterheating huge new tanks (showers for 20+) etc and solar underfloor heating for a new bit (9metres x 6 metres) for a backpackers hostel we are converting and its come in at $20,000, I know its not your average domestic set up, we don't have one of them, but thought it would give some idea.

Thanks to those posting prices! It is good to be able to look at this armed with a bit more information.

Chris

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456