Thread: Is it possible convert Work Visa to Residence with 1 year job offer for an skilled migrant(Long term shortage skill)?

Default Is it possible convert Work Visa to Residence with 1 year job offer for an skilled migrant(Long term shortage skill)?

Hi all,
    I came NZ with work visa (specific purpose) last year Jul 2012, the employer is renewing my Visa each year, i.e Offering Job renewal each year.
    I am an Programmer(.NET,web/mobile apps) having an experience 6+yrs in this field.
    So my question is it possible to apply for Residence, my EOI points fall between 190 to 240 but i can't show the job offer for at least 2 years(employer giving only 12 months since its an contract employer).Now i have offer till Jun 2014.
    I enquired INZ but they are not guarantee since my offer is specific.
    So please help ways to get to residence or any job search visa available for my category?

Regards,
    Balaji

There is no guarantee that your application will go through under Skilled Migrant - but then, there isn't for anybody. And there is a provision in the rules which sounds as though it applies to your situation, so you may well think it is worth trying.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30549.htm
    Employment must be ongoing and sustainable. Ongoing and sustainable employment is:
    an offer of employment or current employment with a single employer and permanent, or indefinite, or for a stated term of at least twelve months with an option for the employee of further terms, and of which the employer is in a position to meet the terms specified; or
    employment on a contract basis where the applicant:
    has a consistent history of contract work, and
    has a current contract for services, and
    INZ is satisfied that such contract work is likely to be sustained
    (my bolding)