Thread: temp work visa application sent back, reason: need medical and chest x ray

Default temp work visa application sent back, reason: need medical and chest x ray

Hey everybody,

I think I already know the answer to this but I just wanted to check. I recently sent my third temp work visa application in to INZ in Wellington (other two were approved no problem). However I received the application back at my house today saying they needed a medical and chest x ray. I'm guessing that the box where it says "staying longer than 12 months in TOTAL" is reason why? I arrived at the end of October 2012, and this work visa will be until Dec 31st 2013?

Luckily for me I'm getting a medical done on Tuesday as I'm in the process of submitting a residency visa application as well. I just hope that all get sorted before my temp work visa expires at the end of June

Do you think that's why they sent it back? I'm going to go in on Tuesday to confirm, luckily I work 3 mins away from the immigration place

Your guess sounds very likely, especially as you've had the previous visas without incident.

Don't worry too much about the expiry date, as INZ usually try very hard to get things through in such cases, but in any case they have the option of the interim visa in respect of your temporary work visa if necessary. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ts/interim.htm