I am a New Zealander in a relationship with a Japanese guy. We have been in a relationship for about 3 years but we have never really lived together (because we worked in completely different parts of Japan)... We are planning to get married in about a month, and I have a job offer in Hamilton, so of course we want to move back to NZ together
So we don't have a joint bank account or a rental agreement in both of our names...
We have both recieved mail to his parent's address in Japan for the last year (his official registered address in Japan), including official tax letters etc, and we have transferred money into each other's account, paid for airline tickets to Europe/travel insurance for each other, applied together for a 1 year visa to France etc... Will this kind of information be enough to prove our relationship?
Reading things on here it seems that they want information from every month of the last 12 months... Well we were travelling in Europe together for 6 months, but then he came back to Japan to work and I stayed in France for about 5 months (with his sister). We were in contact obviously but neither of us is great with the emails really (and he was working in a really remote area with limited internet access) so I don't think that is great evidence.
If I have to move back to NZ first to start working and he stays in Japan waiting for the visa how will that affect our application?
He'd prefer to keep working while he is waiting for the visa application if possible, but in that case we obviously wouldn't be living together :S
This is really confusing! I am kind of worried.....