Thread: Please help- residence!!

Default Please help- residence!!

Hi,
    I am a resident of NZ and got my 'definite' residence on 23feb. 2012 which will be up for renewal on 23 February 2014 to be converted to IRRV. However I had a strained relationship and my ex partner got a protection order. I breached the order by contacting her via text messages and online but in no way was it abusive or anything. However it was still a breach of the no contact condition, which resulted in a conviction and a fine of $800 as a sentence including the costs. It was a very minor thing in the scheme of things as people have committed hideous crimes and I have never had any issues with the law previously in my country and in NZ apart from what has happened. I would like to seek your advise how big an issue would it be when I do renew my residence? I do meet all the other conditions like I have stayed in nz for 180 days during each year for 2 years and I have been a tax resident and all those things. Also i applied my residency in 2012 under partnership category. I was the principal applicant as my ex partner is a kiwi. Please advise.

Thanks
    Last edited by knick85; 1st June 2013 at 01:30 AM.