Thread: Spouse and child visa on behalf of Silver fern practical visa

Default Spouse and child visa on behalf of Silver fern practical visa

Hi,

If someone has silver fern practical visa then what is the procedure to apply temporary visa for Spouse and child (less than 2 years old) on behalf of Silver Fern practical visa .

There are may forms to apply for temporary visa but i don't know which is suitable to below mentioned conditions. I wish to choose Option 1.

Can silver fern practical visa holder is eligible to choose any option (1 or 2).
    Can someone please guide me which forms needs to be filled for condition 1. Thanks.

Option 1:

spouse : apply for work visa
    child: apply for visitor visa

Option 2:

spouse: apply for visitor visa
    child: apply for visitor visa

INZ Forms:
    1146 to be filled by me
    1198 to be filled by spouse
    1205 to be filled for child (i think this form needs to be filled if spouse also applying for visitor)
    or 1017 to be filled for child (if spouse applying for work visa up-to same duration as partner)

You need to follow the instructions here for your partner, using INZ 1198. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../familystream/ The form mentioned is good for EITHER a partner sponsored temporary work visa, OR a temporary visitor's visa, either one matching your SF practical experience work visa for length of time - she simply ticks the box to state which kind of visa she is applying for.

If she's applying for a visitor's visa, the child can be included on the same form.

HOWEVER, if she's applying for a work visa, you do INZ 1017 for the child.

(INZ 1205 is just an extension, only for use by those with more than four dependent children, whose details won't therefore fit onto an ordinary form.)

Thanks JandM for prompt response.

INZ 1017 form has also section for partner, only child section needs to be filled or partner info section is also required to be filled in 1017 form.

Work visa or visitor visa both have same evaluation process or different (i mean work visa required more check and extra documents or same requirement as visitor visa for spouse)

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You need to follow the instructions here for your partner, using INZ 1198. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../familystream/ The form mentioned is good for EITHER a partner sponsored temporary work visa, OR a temporary visitor's visa, either one matching your SF practical experience work visa for length of time - she simply ticks the box to state which kind of visa she is applying for.

If she's applying for a visitor's visa, the child can be included on the same form.

HOWEVER, if she's applying for a work visa, you do INZ 1017 for the child.

(INZ 1205 is just an extension, only for use by those with more than four dependent children, whose details won't therefore fit onto an ordinary form.)

INZ 1017 form has also section for partner, only child section needs to be filled or partner info section is also required to be filled in 1017 form.
    You put the child's details as the principal applicant - it is the child who needs this visa. But obviously, one of the parents signs on the child's behalf. And you leave the sections for partner and child blank.

Work visa or visitor visa both have same evaluation process or different (i mean work visa required more check and extra documents or same requirement as visitor visa for spouse)
    As these are both the partner sponsored kind, I don't think there is any difference. They will be checking your partnership, and I expect you have seen the many old threads on here where people talked about the proof necessary for that.