Thread: Our tickets are booked.

Default Our tickets are booked.

I booked one way tickets four two adults and two children for the 4th of August out of Los Angeles. Can't wait for the day to come.

Awesome! Did you spring for the SkyCouch? We're flying out on July 2.. arrive July 4. :-)

That's great . Which city are you headed? Oh, I did not get the SkyCoach, did you?

Yeah, if you're getting at least three seats, it's a good idea, because it's only another $250. If you have fewer than three people, you have to buy out the empty seats in the section to get it. I figure $250 is well worth it to make a 13 hour flight more tolerable.

By the way, my tickets were only $385 each for one-way to AKL. Crazy, right? I guess it's the off season.

Our destination is Wellington, but we're going to stop in Auckland and check it out for a few days. I can't imagine boarding yet another flight after landing in NZ, so we're going to take the Kiwi Rail down to Wellington. 7 hours, and 4 times the cost of flying, but I figure it will be a great way to get introduced to the north island.

Best of luck to you both! Enjoy NZ. It is truly a beautiful place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by A.C. Slater View Post
    By the way, my tickets were only $385 each for one-way to AKL. Crazy, right? I guess it's the off season.
    Holy bargain, Batman!!

Our destination is Wellington, but we're going to stop in Auckland and check it out for a few days. I can't imagine boarding yet another flight after landing in NZ, so we're going to take the Kiwi Rail down to Wellington. 7 hours, and 4 times the cost of flying, but I figure it will be a great way to get introduced to the north island.
    That sounds crazy! I remember one trip my husband and I took that we thought it would be a good idea to fly to Wellington and then get the ferry to the SI. That was the longest day EVER! We defo would not do that again. I love travelling by train but haven't done so in NZ. Let us know how it goes and if it's worth it.

Good luck! Happy trails.

I thought mine was a bargain at $679 each but A.C Slater's is a giveaway.

What agency did you book that fare with????

I booked online with Air New Zealand.