Thread: Got Approved SF JSV.... Dredding the deicision of Arriving

Default Got Approved SF JSV.... Dredding the deicision of Arriving

Hi All..

Got the SF JSV Stamp on my passport.. It indicates that I should arrive to NZ before the 1st of December ..

I read these two threads

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38836
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34556

and a couple of other threads here and there ... But majority discuss about how coming to NZ after the month of Jan is suitable in obtaining a job..
    I managed to find very little information on immigrants who managed to obtain jobs before December..
    Its the month of june currently, and I was hoping to come by the end of July, or 1st week of August.. But I also am looking at this practically. .and I know that I should come at such a time that I do get an opportunity to obtain employment in the later months in (until April 2014) .. so I cud delay my arrival till the end of August/ beginning of sept this year..

Are August, September, October, and November good times to find jobs? I am from the IT industry as well.. I am a software programmer with 4-5 yrs of experience .. ]

Thanks for the help so far guys!!!
    Last edited by newbie; 5th June 2013 at 01:45 PM.

Apart from avoiding the holiday period (December and January) for your first approaches, I don't think there's any time in the year that is greatly different. I've never seen anyone in IT mention any seasonal swings. (Anyone?) In your place, I would be guessing that people would hesitate more about starting a new person the nearer it got to Christmas, so I'd go to NZ and send out the applications as soon as I could.

Hi Newbie,

Congratulation! and I bielive you deserve better (than JSV). and GOD bless you find a job asap.

All the best,

GJMFL

Hi GJMFL

Thanks.. But I applied for SF JSV (online) .. so thats what I got ..

All the best in ur pursuit

Cheers!..

Thanks JandM

I am weighing up all my options .. I just feel that if I came in 1st week August.. then I would have 3.5-4 months on the job search road .. then a hump lasting for max 2 months, and then ... resume again with the remainder months

But if I arrived before my final entry date (Dec 1) .. and enjoyed the Holidays in NZ .. then took a ride .. then my journey would be climbing one big hump in the beginning for 2 months and then 7 months of non stop job searching drag races.. (to put things into figurative context)

or maybe I am over thinking this ..

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Apart from avoiding the holiday period (December and January) for your first approaches, I don't think there's any time in the year that is greatly different. I've never seen anyone in IT mention any seasonal swings. (Anyone?) In your place, I would be guessing that people would hesitate more about starting a new person the nearer it got to Christmas, so I'd go to NZ and send out the applications as soon as I could.

That sounds like a plan. Whatever you're happiest with. It just struck me that the sooner you're there, the sooner you might have a job, and a visa, and maybe your wife with you for Christmas.

and that's a nice nice way of thinking about the Journey- Hmm, I'm sort of thinking about that kind of plan as well Best of luck to all of us.

Lucky for me for getting AIP, I'd get more chance to learn the Kiwi ways better

Thanks JandM ..

Thats exactly what my wife tells me! ..

Thanks for sharing a piece of ur mind ...

I will update my signature.. etc etc..and document my whole adventure with INZ once i land in NZ and get a job as soon as possible..

Cheers guys.. all the best with u all!..
    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    That sounds like a plan. Whatever you're happiest with. It just struck me that the sooner you're there, the sooner you might have a job, and a visa, and maybe your wife with you for Christmas.

Hi JandM

I wanted to ask u something ..

My wife is from India, she is no longer living there for now .. She is living with me, in Fiji.

But she needs the police clearance from India; So lets assume we go ahead with this and get it now (july, 2013); I go to NZ in Feb, Look for a job.. and finally get one in July, 2014.

So what happens is that, by now (July, 2014) it has been an year since we obtained the police clearance, and during this same period, she has been living in Fiji and not in India..

So will she need to obtain the Indian Police Clearance again? Or will she again have to obtain another police clearance from India (because of validity issues?)? This does not really appear logical .. however, I think i need this done as soon as possible because obtaining a Police Clearance is one very very tough nut to crack..

She will need to obtain a Fiji Police Clearance as well.. thats okay .. pretty straight forward here..

Hope I got my question across ..

Thanks
    Last edited by newbie; 13th June 2013 at 06:52 PM.

Whenever the application for your wife is submitted, the regulations for the police check will have to be followed, and that includes the age of the certificate. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...cecertificate/ There is an age requirement on the medical, as well.