Thread: Chch branch - waiting time?

Default Chch branch - waiting time?

Hi everyone,

My husband and I have been on work visas in nz for the last 4 years and after completing more studies here we applied for residency. Submitted an EOI in nov 2012 got ITA soon after and submitted our application on 4/4/13. We have two sons who were born here the youngest being 7months now. My husband and sons visa expire on the first week of July 2013 and last week we got an email from a CO requesting a medical for my son. This we did in a day and sent it back.

In the interim we have applied for work visa renewals with immigration but these are still in a managed queue.

Do you think they will grant us residency and refund our visa application fees? I'm hoping that's the case because $700 goes along way these days.

Please share any info if this has been the case before. I know it's a long shot with ur residency application only been submitted 8 weeks ago.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd update you all on the status ! We got the much awaited email from the case officer this morning advising us that our application has been approved in principle! Thanks for all the advice and sharing of information that's been quite helpful! We lodged our ITA at chch branch 4/4/13 and AIP 7/6/13. We have dropped off our passports at immigration nz christchurch and just awaiting this stickers!

Congrats...