Thread: Dehumidifier - Delonghi CF08E

Default Dehumidifier - Delonghi CF08E

So we bought one last weekend at Harvey Norman. I looked through lots of old posts and decided to go for the Delonghi CF08E as it got positive reviews on here and it was towards the top of the lower end of the price scale. It's not loud at all; it wouldn't be a problem having it on overnight, although we haven't actually done that yet.

It's really quite frightening though just how much water it sucks out of our house every day! Hubby is convinced we are going to end up like wrinkled old prunes very soon

Anyway, quite pleased with our purchase, although with the better weather this week there hasn't been as much condensation as the previous week so we'll see how it performs when it cools down again.

Thanks for all the advice!

Thank you for sharing!
    We just moved to Timaru 5 days ago and those are things we are looking into right now. Good to hear other peoples experience

Hanna

We had 2 in our rental, 1 in kids room and 1 in the hall. I just got them out for our own (pretty dry) house due to the amount of washing hanging up inside and due to the damp weather. My hubby has developed Asthma since we got here and has been much better with dehumidifier going in bedroom at night.

We got the same one about a year back and it is going good so far. It has been really helpful in draining litres of water which could have caused health issues over all these months.

What are their price? They sound awesome!

I bought a used deLonghi dehumidifier on Trademe for about $100-$125. Some here expressed concern about buying a used one (used mold!) but it was clean and hardly used - plus I washed it well before using it.

My house is insulated so I don't have a problem with mold but I have asthma so when I feel wheezy, I run the dehumidifier for a day or two. Earlier in the winter, the indoor humidity was up around 60% so I'd run it until the humidity level dropped to around 50%. Now the indoor humidity stays around 48%. I only turn the dehumidifier on when I notice the level rising a bit. I'm guessing that having it on for days at a time has dried out the house and furnishings. According to consumer.org, it costs about $1 - $2 to have it on for 24 hours.

I was gone from mid-May through mid-July. I kept the house closed up but my neighbour turned the dehumidifier on a few days each week. After two months, I came home to a very dry and clean house. I didn't even have to dust!