Thread: Help me about visitor visa

Question Help me about visitor visa

Hi
    Friends I need help here,
    I am currently living in NZ on work visa and my wife is permanent residence, she sponsored my mother from India to come to New Zealand on visitor visa and my mother requires 3 months visitor visa to come to NZ.Last week visa officer got interview on phone with my mother and asked about her purpose to visit and she cleared that she want to visit to see her grandson and only want to visit three months,

After a week CO asked to my mother to submit her complete medical reports from panel doctor. As we can see on the application form that there is no need to submit medical if anyone want to stay in NZ not more than 3 months.

My mother already visited on visitor visa in 2006 and she extended her visa at that time and she spend one year in new Zeeland and after that she had a medical problem at that time, so she withdrawn her residence application and we then applied for my father and he is permanent resident but living in India currently.
    My question is that why CO asking for her complete medical or is it normal. Is it mandatory to submit medical now. She had no other problem at this time but same which was Hepatitis C at her previous application time. I am asking here that why we need to waste money and time if we not require to submit because she is going for 3 months only and she don’t want to stay more than that also cleared to CO during her interview as CO asked two time for that. Should we proceed further or they will not issue visitor visa because my mother has already a hepatitis C patient Please suggest here what can we do now.Thanks

I think your mother needs to ask the CO why she is asking for the medicals, which are apparently, in the rules, not required for the visa she's applied for. It may be, as you suspect, because of her history, but on the other hand, it may just be a mistake. Nobody but the CO can answer the question and clear up the situation.

I agree with what JandM said.

From memory in Immigration NZ's Operating Manual, Immigration can require you to provide any information they ask. So while medical reports are not required for all people applying for a 3 month visa, Immigration can request this from applicants.