Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticket via Australia to Auckland...

Default Ticket via Australia to Auckland...

Hi, we are travelling from Dubai to Auckland. We checked flight availability and found that all flights are via Australia.. So do we need to take Australia visa? Please guide us about it.

There you are - the official word from Australia. http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/transit/

yes you need transit visa for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyhanda View Post
    yes you need transit visa for sure.
    I am confused, why will anyone need a transit visa ?
    eg. if anyone traveling to say US, takes a hopping flight via. Paris - he/she does not take a transit visa, infact there is no visa requirement. Since this person is not going to come out of immigration area at airport, he/ she is going to wait at the airport for few hrs. for his/her connecting flight.

Hi JandM,

I was also confused when I see the itinery showing "You require Australia transit visa" if you are booking for this flight.

Now, after checking your post, it is official. Thank you.

One more doubt, can we get this when we land there? or we need to do beforehand?

Thanks and Regards,
    Raju

Hey Mate,

Australia Immigration rules are little different

A transit visa is required even if:

you fly out on the same aircraft and from the same airport at which you arrived
    you stay in the transit lounge and do not leave the airport.

Ref: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/transit/771/

Quote Originally Posted by Raju View Post
    Hi JandM,

I was also confused when I see the itinery showing "You require Australia transit visa" if you are booking for this flight.

Now, after checking your post, it is official. Thank you.

One more doubt, can we get this when we land there? or we need to do beforehand?

Thanks and Regards,
    Raju
    You have to apply in advance. http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tran...w-to-apply.htm

Quote Originally Posted by hemanshumistry View Post
    eg. if anyone traveling to say US, takes a hopping flight via. Paris - he/she does not take a transit visa, infact there is no visa requirement. Since this person is not going to come out of immigration area at airport, he/ she is going to wait at the airport for few hrs. for his/her connecting flight.
    You are dealing with Australian law on this point. Different countries don't necessarily have the same laws as one another - what happens in France has no bearing at all on what happens in Sydney or Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanshumistry View Post
    Ther are visa requirements to transit the US as well. My wife, a NZ citizen, always requires an ETSA to transit the US between Canada and NZ.

we fly Auckland to Sydney and then on the Abu Dhabi and eventually London, we did not have any visa (we had 1 hour stop over in Sydney) and no problems

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast