Thread: Container from UK - NZ how long?

Default Container from UK - NZ how long?

Can anyone tell me roughly how long it takes for a container from the UK to NZ - some removals companies have said 8 weeks the others up to 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Turner View Post
    Can anyone tell me roughly how long it takes for a container from the UK to NZ - some removals companies have said 8 weeks the others up to 12?
    Generally speaking it takes 8-12 weeks...

Have known some containers arrive in as little as 6 weeks, however it can also take much longer than expected, in one case that I am aware of it took 6 months.

Are you going sole use container or groupage, generally groupage takes a few weeks longer as the container has to be filled.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Turner View Post
    Ours took 12 weeks door to door.

Hi,

We are recent arrivals, our container took 6 weeks (but we had a sole use container) and then cleared customs in a couple of days, though car took another week for all the checks.

Good luck.

6 weeks and five days door to door here. Went with Anglo who use Maersk. That actual sailing departed 13 April and arrived 22 May, with transport and customs accounting for the rest. You can check Maersk's timetable yourself. Mine went on Stralsund changing to Jubail at Singapore. They have route numbers just like busses. I had sole use of 40 ft container too. There are things you can do to help. Get in touch with your agent in NZ at least two weeks before your ship is due in and complete ALL the customs forms. If shipping a car and its on last, be available to go to customs on the container due date to sign the GST waiver form. Until the car is released, the rest of the stuff cant come off if it was loaded last. At the UK end, time your packing to coincide with a scheduled departure, allowing a bit of time for the paperwork and the road journey to port. I think you do pay slightly more for the faster sailings, but not by much. Make sure you know your packing list inside out, so you know exactly what packages MPI will show interest in, this will help filling in the forms in NZ.