Thread: JSV Extension

Default JSV Extension

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know if JSV can be extended? I am in interview process of finally getting through to a job but my job search visa is expiring in a week time.

Any suggestions or experience of going through the same would be highly appreciated.

Cheers!

No - there's no way of extending or renewing a SMC JSV.

The following is nothing official - just the only actions I can think of that MIGHT come good, offered with all good luck wishes. In your place, I would show all the paperwork about interviews, etc., to INZ, and ask them if there is something they can do to allow you to stay and finish out the process (but they may say 'no'), and I would tell the company you are likely to have to leave the country but would instantly be able to return on full visa if given the job, so if there are any supplementary interviews they would like you to attend, could they schedule them for these next few days.

JSV = Job Search Visa = Silver Fern Visa ?

If yes, as I understand, the Silver Fern Visas = around 300 / year and they are depleted in a matter of hours, correct?
    Another question: Is there a selection that is made in the cases above, or is it first come first served?
    Thank you.

JSV = Job Search Visa = Silver Fern Visa ?
    No, see his timeline in his signature.

If yes, as I understand, the Silver Fern Visas = around 300 / year and they are depleted in a matter of hours, correct?
    Yes, correct. A matter of less than an hour, even.
    Another question: Is there a selection that is made in the cases above, or is it first come first served?
    First come first served among those who show the minimum requirements on their online application form.