Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: police certificate result: no live trace

Default police certificate result: no live trace

Hey everyone,

Clearly the issue of UK police certificates has changed in recent years. I received my one in the post today with the result "no live trace". This differed from my last UK police certificate from 2005 (applying for US citizenship) when it showed details of minor offences from 24 years ago...

My question is.... Will I need to include a letter detailing the said offences? I have obviously included what it was in previous work visa applications and nothing has been asked from anyone at INZ. However the police certificate is needed for my ITA application that will soon be submitted.

I have researched this topic and found only one thread on this forum about it. I just wondered if any of you think an additional letter is necessary?

On a slight side note, I googled "no live trace" and found many threads from other immigration forums with posters stating that it meant "you're clear, you are good to go etc." even a few posters stated they had this result and categorically stated that they had NEVER been in trouble with the police, which is concerning to read!!!

Any input is ,as always, very helpful.... cheers everyone

any thoughts from anyone?

In general, it's best to be absolute frank with INZ - never leave something undeclared that could potentially turn up, because by submitting an application, you're declaring that it's the truth, and if INZ discover a lie, it can be grounds for cancelling a visa.

For that reason, I think you'd be better off asking INZ what you should do about your 'no live trace'. (A5.20 and A5.25 here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35052.htm show you the kind of offence that is considered a serious problem - here's hoping it sets your mind at rest.)

Thanks for the input JandM,

Yes of course I would never withhold information from a visa application because of the potential enormous implications. And as I said in the previous post, I have had three temp work visas so far from INZ and have disclosed the offence from 24 years ago on all of them and have been granted the work visas. I have disclosed the offence on my ITA application too, and the UK police cert. has backed up the fact that the offence was minor, was from a long time ago, and that the conviction was spent after 12 months of the offence by showing the result "no live trace".

So to be honest I feel like I've "covered" all the areas that I should have with the application? I guess if my CO does want more information then they will ask when one is assigned to my case?

Yes, I think you're right. It might possibly shorten the process if you wanted to explain the old, spent, offence in your covering letter... ?

Hi Elasmo1,
    I submitted my ITA on May 17th, the case officer was assigned on the June 21 and asked me for more information regarding my caution and drink drive conviction. Both of these occured more than 16 years ago so the court documents she asked for I no longer have. For this reason I've applied for a Subject Access Request which the CO has confirmed will be sufficient. Obviously it's delayed the application as it can take 40 days for the SAR to be processed. The CO also needed proof I'd applied for the SAR so she could extend the deadline for more information which was originally set for July 15th. If you could keep this thread updated on your progress it'd be much appreciated. Good luck, Drew

Hey Drew,

I wanted to ask you something else but would prefer sending you a message off this board, but can't seem to be able to find the option to pm you?

please try and send me a private message

Paul

Hi Paul,

There's no option to PM you either. I've enabled the vcard option so you should be able to see my email address now.

Cheers

Drew77, if you make five posts on any thread, the forum will automatically switch on your ability to send and receive PMs. At that stage, if you click on anyone's username over one of their posts, PMing will be one of the options in the drop-down box.

Ah right, thanks for that JandM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast