I'm not normally one to cry for help, but I'm getting really vexxed here, so if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

We're due to be loading our container in about 3 weeks, and I'm in a bit of a tailspin about taking a car. Obviously we need to decide ASAP because we need to decide which size of container to take (with car or not). There are 2 things that I can't get my head round though.

(1) RUST .... I finally managed to get the car we're about to buy onto a ramp yesterday, and the body is pretty good, but the rear axle and nuts and bolts are very rusty - just surface rust, mind, but lots of it. Here are the pics I took of the underside: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97524046@N04/ ..... I took it to a main dealer (always a bad idea) and they said that to clean it properly you'd need to drop out the axle, exhaust pipe and 4x4 mechanism, which would be about £1000 before you start. Not what I wanted to hear. What do you think, will it get through? Should I get it treated beforehand? (maybe if I take lots of pictures to show it was done properly?)

(2) V5C REGISTRAION .. The other thing that I'm losing sleep over is the V5C registration document. We plan to buy it early next week, if all works out with the rust, but DVLA say they take 4 weeks to change the owner, and we leave in 3. The shipping company say they can't load it without a V5C, but when I called DVLA, they said the shippers could call them for verification that the V5C is in my name - and they pointed out that the V5C doesn't prove ownership anyway. So I have DVLA telling me it's fine and the shippers telling me it's not - what should I do?

Any help really appreciated

S