Thread: Where to report financial fraud?

Default Where to report financial fraud?

Can anyone here tell me where to report a financial fraud of a small scale. Someone took money from me and didn't give me the service and now refuses to give back the money. Its a small amount so I don't want to take too much trouble for it.

Thanks.

The police. Some fraudsters do quite well by ripping off lots of people for small amounts thinking no-one will be bothered enought to report them.

It might be worth giving the Commerce Commission in Wellington a call. They might be able to help or point you in the right direction.
    There is lots of info here:
    http://www.comcom.govt.nz/making-a-complaint

Quote Originally Posted by webmister View Post
    Can anyone here tell me where to report a financial fraud of a small scale. Someone took money from me and didn't give me the service and now refuses to give back the money. Its a small amount so I don't want to take too much trouble for it.

Thanks.
    Was it a financial fraud, or that they didn't provide the services that you paid for?

Would suggest that you go and see the citizens advice bureau to see exactly what they advise e.g. probably a claim in the disputes tribunal if it was for services or lack of.

Ian