Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JSV (JOB) to Residence

Default JSV (JOB) to Residence

Hi Guys

How long does one have to work in a particular job in order to gain residency if it is a permanent job? ..

Suppose I get a job in a place like Christchurch but suppose I eventually don't like it there because of the many aftershocks, and cold and later decide that I want to move! .. Ideally I can spend half an year to an year and than move to Auckland where all my family is after i get my residence (thats if i get the residence) ..

Thanks ..

You have to be in that job for minimum of 3 months provided job falls under the skill shortage list (the one you claimed points for in EOI). once you provide the evidence to INZ that you have been with the same employer for more than 3 months they will decide on you application and grant you residency. After that you can move to any where and take up any job.
    Its just my understanding(i may be wrong), but some senior members can tell you better.

Vishy,
    I dont think he has to stay 3 month in that job anymore, See JandM's answer here.

Applicants can now get their Residence with a Section 49(1) condition as soon as they can show the job offer. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30614.htm So you'll actually have Residence very quickly after getting a job offer. Then, the Section 49(1) condition is normally that you have to stay in the job for three months - having done that, and being still in the job, you can get the sticker in your passport changed for one without the limitation on it, which will give you the freedom to move on if you want to.

Hi Guys ..

So my initial post was dating back to April.

I finally got the formal offer from the company I had initially interviewed with. The ANZSCO job code for the position offered is 263211 (ICT Quality Assurance Engineer).

I have a query though, my previous experience was more so on the software development side of things (261312 Developer Programmer). I have close to 3.5 years of experience in this area of work.

Could this be an issue going forward when I am claiming points for residency under the "Relevant Work Experience" category?
    • Number of years of relevant work experience (anywhere) - 2 years
    • Number of years of relevant work experience in New Zealand - 0
    • Number of years work experience in any one of New Zealand's:

• Identified future growth areas? ???
    • Areas of absolute skills shortage? - 2-5 years

• Was the work experience gained in a comparable labour market or an area of absolute skills shortage? yes
    Last edited by newbie; 19th September 2013 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    Hi Guys ..

So my initial post was dating back to April.

I finally got the formal offer from the company I had initially interviewed with. The ANZSCO job code for the position offered is 263211 (ICT Quality Assurance Engineer).

I have a query though, my previous experience was more so on the software development side of things (261312 Developer Programmer). I have close to 3.5 years of experience in this area of work.

Could this be an issue going forward when I am claiming points for residency under the "Relevant Work Experience" category?
    • Number of years of relevant work experience (anywhere) - 2 years
    • Number of years of relevant work experience in New Zealand - 0
    • Number of years work experience in any one of New Zealand's:

• Identified future growth areas? ???
    • Areas of absolute skills shortage? - 2-5 years

• Was the work experience gained in a comparable labour market or an area of absolute skills shortage? yes
    Very interesting point, I will also wait for some Sr. member to reply to your post.

Details of the IT industry are outside my experience, so I'll leave that to someone who knows to comment upon.

You'll find explanations of what you need to get points under the various headings here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm

What i have heard from a consultant is, it doesn't matter under which ANZSCO you applied initially, as long as it is a IT related job, you should be ok.

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....479&highlight=

Hi. I think you will be fine from what you have said. In relation to the AASS and FGA points, I have never heard of anyone getting both and am not sure it's even possible. I have never found the bit of the regulations where it is written down but I have been told it's one or the other by people who make the decisions, so just be aware. Cheers. Karen

Talking

Hey Guys

Thanks for your reply ..

I spoke to an Immigration Officer.. He said it really depends on the case officer.. There are no penalties for selecting the work experience bit though, except that if i dependent on those points to get the 140 points .. then it would be an issue ..
    however I just did the points test .. and without selecting any points in work experience .. I still managed to get 170 points (not claiming points for my wife either) ..

• Are you now in ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand and have been so for 12 months or longer? No
    • Are you now in ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand but that employment has been for less than 12 months? No
    • Do you have an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand? Yes
    • Is your work, or offer of employment, in any one of New Zealand's:
    • identified future growth areas? No
    • areas of absolute skills shortage? Yes
    • Is your work or offer of employment for a location outside of Auckland in New Zealand? Yes

I selected Points for Close Family member who is a resident in NZ.
    having a level 7/8 qualification.
    Qualification in area of absolute skill shortage. (BSc - Computing Science and Information Systems)

I hope I did this correctly ..

Also would my supposed new role (Quality Assurance Engineer - 263211) fall under:
    - identified future growth areas? or
    - areas of absolute skills shortage? or
    - both?
    Last edited by newbie; 20th September 2013 at 04:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast