Thread: Inputs/advise for Processing for WTR (Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Category) from Singapore

Default Inputs/advise for Processing for WTR (Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Category) from Singapore

Hi all,

I recently took an Exploratory Visit (on visit visa) to Auckland 2 weeks ago; for sightseeing & also to explore employment opportunities. I had a few interviews with some IT companies and one of them has sent me a job offer letter and an employment contract.

It’s a full time, permanent role as an ‘Intermediate C# Developer and Quality Assurance Consultant’, this role falls under the LTSSL and with the job offer valid until August 14th; I am considering applying via WTR (Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Category).

From what I read, these are some of the forms I need to submit:
    Work Visa Application: INZ 1015
    Long Term Skill Shortage List work visa: Employer Supplementary Form (INZ 1113)
    General Medical Certificate: INZ 1007
    Chest X-ray Certificate: INZ 1096
    Police Certificates

Would also just like to ask for some inputs on anyone who has gone thru this approach, especially for anyone who processed their papers from Singapore.

Thanks
    Last edited by praetorean; 17th June 2013 at 05:47 PM.

Congrats on Job offer!

What inputs you are looking for? If the job offer is from an accredited employer, you can apply for WTR (Accredited Employer) visa and I can provide some guidance, as I have the same visa.

Congrats on the job offer! With less than two months before first day of work (assuming that's what you mean by the Aug14 date), you should go with applying for work visa. And when you arrive, apply for an SMC residence visa if your plan is to stay on in New Zealand after your work visa expires. Of course, you could also go with WTR like what Otaku says. I guess I'm not helping much here but it really depends on your intuition which one you should go for.

Have you spoken to anyone at the VAC in Raffles Place? They may be able to give you an idea of processing time.

When we applied last year, it was still with the NZ embassy in Takashimaya so the experience could be different for you this time. Have you gotten all medicals and police certs done?

On a side note/observation, there seems to be quite a few people coming from Singapore lately.

@ Otaku

Thanks. The company that gave me the offer is not an Accredited Employer, but I plan to apply via WTR: Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Category. I have sent my employer the INZ1113 form: Employer Supplementary Form which they need to fill-up and send back to me so I can submit them to NZ’s VAC in Singapore.

@ brezze

Thanks. As Otaku mention, I’ll be going thru the WTR route under the ‘Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Category’. I also just sent the INZ113 form to my employer for them to fill-up and send back to me. I have not called VAC yet.

I am just about to take my medicals and process for police clearances also. I’m expecting to be able to submit the requirements on Monday next week.

I guess I’m just asking on anyone’s experiences on applying for the WTR Visa via the new VAC i.e. processing time or any specific details that anyone can share.

Thanks again though…

All the best! When you come to NZ there will be no haze

Police certs from the CID in Singapore takes quite a few days so be prepared. Also, if you've lived in any other countries for more than 12 months in the last ten years, you need police certs from there as well.

@ breeze

yeah, no haze just blues...
    i'll have to secure a statutory declaration from the Commission of Oaths here in SG, coz they're no longer issuing police clearances for foreigners... We'll also have to secure an NBI clearance from the Philippines too...

Does anyone also know how long it takes for the Medicals? Anyways, we'll also try to have the medicals expedited...

Thanks again

we have just taken our medicals & got our statutory declaration yesterday.
    now, we're just waiting for the medicals result, another police clearance from the Philippines and the form INZ 1113 (employer supplementary form)

we're targeting to submit the application on wednesday or thursday next week... they're expecting me to be there already by aug. 12th...

hi praetorean, we had the same experience but you will need police clearance from singapore police force. nz immigration will not accept the statutory oath. it takes 14 calendar days to get it. go to nz immigration with your passport and ask for a letter you need to get police clearance, it only takes 15mins to get them. after you get a copy, go to SPF near outram mrt. bring along two passport sized photos.

btw, work visa only takes 5 days to get approval. congrats on your job offer