Thread: With ITA - does the company needs to apply for a working visa?

Default With ITA - does the company needs to apply for a working visa?

Hi,

I have a friend who is working in Auckland and referred me for a position in the company he's working on and has been asking about my visa. Is it okay to say that the company don't need to apply for a working visa for me?

Best Regards,
    Elan

A company never applies for a visa FOR you. They can sponsor you for a visa, under various conditions, depending on whether they are an accredited employer or not, and if it's a skilled job, etc. - different variations here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../requirements/ http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...entialwork.htm But you have to apply for it.

You have currently applied for Residence. If you get a job offer, this will put your application on fast-track, and mean you don't need to have the CO interview. The CO may be able to tell you that your Residence can be put through in time to start work when the employer would like you to be there. Otherwise, if it can't, you may need to apply for a temporary work visa as well, as these can be processed quickly (and all the same evidence will be able to be used), so you could be in NZ already working, while your Residence takes the time it takes to come through.

Hi JandM,

Thank you so much for the detailed response.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If you get a job offer, this will put your application on fast-track, and mean you don't need to have the CO interview.
    Is there a link from INZ website which I can refer for this information? (I am sorry but I also asked you this in different thread)

Best Regards,
    Elan

I've just found the other thread and answered it there.

Thanks JandM!