Thread: Partnership Residency Application

Default Partnership Residency Application

My son's wife and dependent children are applying for PR, partnership and dependent child category. DS and I are spending the afternoon going through the application form, trying to figure out a timeline.

I did a search here and found that in 2010 it took about 5 months for the application to be approved. Does anyone have more recent experience with this?

I think I read here that once the application is approved, the applicants must arrive in NZ within a given period of time but can't find how long. Does anyone know how long?

Police certificates must be within six months of filing the residence application and medicals must be done within three months. I think I understand why DS is making a BIG chart to keep track of everything.

Thanks!

I think I read here that once the application is approved, the applicants must arrive in NZ within a given period of time but can't find how long. Does anyone know how long?
    If they get Residence, it's the same as getting Residence from any other application - you have to activate the visa by arriving in NZ within 12 months of the grant. http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/3101 If they get PR directly (allowable for a partner who has a NZ partner and has lived with them for five years or more), there is no requirement, because a permanent resident has the right to come and go at will.

You could check the 'processing times' page of whichever INZ office they have to apply through, to get the official current estimate.

Many thanks for your reply. I found the processing times (six months) online.