Thread: Query about Temp work visa under the family stream.

Default Query about Temp work visa under the family stream.

I have couple of queries I am a NZ citizen and I recently came back from London. I met my girlfriend (Portuguese National) last year (25th of Feb 2012) and while we didn't officially live together (as
    in not a joint back account) but she was living at my address 4-5 days a week in London. 1st of December last year I had to move back to NZ due to my highly skilled visa not getting extended. (We can provide email, photos, facebook posts and letters from friends and family that were were together)

Once I moved back We kept in touch daily by IM and Skype and we were apart for 5 months until she could finish her contract in London and me settling back Auckland. She moved here 1st of May and she is living with me. Although she is NOT on the lease we do have a joint bank account and purchased a car together. We can aslo provide supporting letter from people here as well.

I talked to immigration about our visa options and they recommended this option Temp work visa under the family stream because we haven't lived together for 12 months. However when I asked about supporting evidence they were very vague which I kind of understand as each case is different.

My first concern is that her name is not the lease for the house. Is this going to be a problem?
    And Generally how much evidence do they require for this Temp work visa under the family stream.
    And Lastly can we go in and give our application to them in person? It doesn't say anything on the website.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by ElMilado; 24th June 2013 at 12:38 PM.

No, there's no problem about her name not being on the lease. You will find if you look at old threads about partnership evidence that people have used all sorts of different combinations. The best thing is to use various kinds of proof, over the whole of the length of time. Getting mail sent to the joint address to each of you is good, particularly from official bodies like banks, insurance companies and service providers (save the envelopes and send them, too). Are you both named drivers on the car insurance? Is the other one a named beneficiary if one of you has life insurance? Have your employer and your doctor got her down as the first contact in case of illness? Here are some old threads which may give you other ideas. http://www.google.co.uk/#output=sear...iw=804&bih=502

They don't say a length of time, but people's experience seems to be that around three months is the length of time to prove for it to go through reasonably smoothly.

I don't know about submitting in person - try phoning the office to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    No, there's no problem about her name not being on the lease. You will find if you look at old threads about partnership evidence that people have used all sorts of different combinations. The best thing is to use various kinds of proof, over the whole of the length of time. Getting mail sent to the joint address to each of you is good, particularly from official bodies like banks, insurance companies and service providers (save the envelopes and send them, too). Are you both named drivers on the car insurance? Is the other one a named beneficiary if one of you has life insurance? Have your employer and your doctor got her down as the first contact in case of illness? Here are some old threads which may give you other ideas. http://www.google.co.uk/#output=sear...iw=804&bih=502

They don't say a length of time, but people's experience seems to be that around three months is the length of time to prove for it to go through reasonably smoothly.

I don't know about submitting in person - try phoning the office to ask.
    Thanks for that. She is my next of kin so I guess I should ask my employer to give me a letter regarding that right?

I didn't mail in my application, but I didn't physically hand it to anyone , either. My branch had a drop box, and I used it. Not sure if that's what you're asking, or if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ElMilado View Post
    Thanks for that. She is my next of kin so I guess I should ask my employer to give me a letter regarding that right?
    Yes.

Yes thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes.
    Thank you guys for all the help. Much appreciated. We are going to hand in our application next week. Wish us luck.

If your landlord or property manager knows you girlfriend is living with you, they can could write a letter to confirm this. You could possibly add your gf to the rental agreement.
    Including copies of some of your Skype conversations can also help support you both being in a stable committed relationship.

Immigration Branches usually have a drop box for you to put your applications in. If you have questions there are usually staff at the counter to talk to.

Thanks guy again. Just reviewing the guide again.

Does my partner need to provide Medical certificate/X-Rays and police report for this temp work visa as well? My impression was that it's not required is that correct?

See page 2 of the form. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1198.pdf
    Medical and Chest X-ray certificates if required by
    Section C: Your health.
    Police certificates if required by Section D: Character.
    If you look at those sections, it's clearly set out what is needed, depending on her exact situation and intentions.