Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consulatants/Agents, are they really necessary in migrating to NZ?

Default Consulatants/Agents, are they really necessary in migrating to NZ?

Hello!

I'm Louise, a Senior Designer working in Singapore. My partner who is a Senior Architect and I have our hearts set on moving to NZ soon. We've already met up with an official consultant from IMMagine NZ and he has discussed our good chances on making it to NZ. However, the full consultancy fee of NZD 14K seems pretty steep. May I know it if it really necessary to hire a consultant/agent to obtain a work visa then later on permanent residency? What are the chances of us doing it on our own?

We look forward to hearing feedback from those who have gone through similar experiences. Thank you!

Hi
    This is one of the most asked questions here so there are many threads on this question. This link will help

http://www.google.co.nz/cse?cx=partn...ation%20agents

More people come over without an agent and with the help of this forum there is no reason why you cannot too. $14k is a lot of money. By using the search facility here or asking questions you can usually find what you need to know. The search button is near the top of the page on the right.
    I wish you all the best for the future

Louise, there are a few of us who came to NZ from Singapore (without agent help) I'm sure some are more than happy to help with any questions you may have. You can put aside the $14k and ship us Bak Kwa during the period of application. Just kidding lah

It can be done without an agent. Read up immigration.govt.nz thoroughly. Also, you may decide to either
    - get a job first (by networking or visiting the country) and go for work visa or WTR
    or
    - apply for residence without a job if you have 140 points or above

All the best!

The hard work is gathering the required documentation. You will do that yourselves whether you hire an agent or not.

I wouldn't waste my money with an agent, you are both intelligent people, as long as you follow the guidelines and give as much information as possible you should be fine!! The forum is an excellent source of advice and information.

Thank you so much everyone, you all have been very inspiring
    !

Hey Louise....we made the move without an agent...We used this forum and as Hubby is a closet OCD he checked, re-checked and then re-re-checked ALL the paper work and forms...there is a process...so long as you keep a clear head, steady nerve and a take down time away from the process to chill...we found it really enjoyable and rewarding when the Blue Stickers arrived... We looked back and went..... YAY!!! we did that...
    All the very best ...and good luck
    Grasshopper

We made the move without Agent. Just remember-

1. Read instructions on INZ site carefully.
    2. If in doubt, do not assume. Ask.
    3. Be honest.
    4. Stay positive and have patience.

All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Louise Tan View Post
    Hello!

I'm Louise, a Senior Designer working in Singapore. My partner who is a Senior Architect and I have our hearts set on moving to NZ soon. We've already met up with an official consultant from IMMagine NZ and he has discussed our good chances on making it to NZ. However, the full consultancy fee of NZD 14K seems pretty steep. May I know it if it really necessary to hire a consultant/agent to obtain a work visa then later on permanent residency? What are the chances of us doing it on our own?

We look forward to hearing feedback from those who have gone through similar experiences. Thank you!
    If I was you I would visit NZ on holiday and look at options available. Once you have a job, immigration is straight forward. Agents have no say with the embassy what so ever, they just act as a messenger. We moved here with a job offer. Whole process of work visa took about 3 weeks from the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise Tan View Post
    Thank you so much everyone, you all have been very inspiring
    !
    you are in the right place !!!!
    this forum is really helpfull and people is nice !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast