Thread: Dunedin Weather

Default Dunedin Weather

I have read a lot of negative statements about Dunedin weather - is it really that bad as everyone makes it seem? I am from New York City where I am used to extremes (moment of intense humidity in the summer and frostbite temperatures in the winter). Would a New Yorker really find the weather in Dunedin bad in comparison?

It's probably similar climate to Oregon and Washington if that helps.

I don't know about the weather in New York but (knew) about weather in Germany. The climate in Dunedin is a little similar to the one on the North Sea but more moderate: Warmer in winter and colder in summer; rainfall and wind about the same; however it changes more often and quicker. Summary: I like it better here

Dunedin is generally a cold place. As ralf-nz said, it is very changeable: 'four seasons in one day'. The summer is mild and the spring, autumn and winter are cold and wet. It snows one or two days a year max.

i used to live in portland oregon, i liked the milder weather better there than in nyc (even with the rain), so dunedin does not sound bad to me