Thread: London: SMC PR application - Interview (need help!)

Question London: SMC PR application - Interview (need help!)

Hi All,

I have been told that I may be asked to interview next week (CO had reached me with regards to verification of employment). I asked for next steps and was told that sometime soon I could be invited for interview... My fear is with regards to questions that have to do with job search and what I've done to look for a job...

I wasn't expecting things to move this fast, so haven't really done any resume posting online or emailing recruiters about job prospects... (based on all threads that i've read, people are asked to provide evidence of employability and exchanges/emails from recruiters stating that 'you have a good profile, we could give you a job - if only you were a resident... is that right?)

I really want to avoid getting a job search visa (JSV) and would love to move there with a PR and take the family with me... any tips you can provide to me would be really helpful.

Thanks!

To add, we had some personal issues, so were planning on moving to NZ sometime in 2014 and the intent was to start looking for a job there about 4-5 months ahead of going there... completely overlooking the fact that we'll need to show this to the CO as part of the interview...

Dear nzaspirant,

You can postpone interview time in a reasonable manner, not too late. For instance you can set a time for 1 month later. Meantime, you have enough time to propagate your NZ style CV and gather some replies showing interest on your CV. If you manage to get resident visa you will be able to put off your landing to 2014.
    Good luck

Start sending your CV from Now and according to my information the Case Officer will need only samples of the emails you sent and the feed back you received.

Agree with Hayat1352 & Sawah. I was called for interview only 3 days before but I was prepared with samples of positive replies from NZ employers and recruiters. it I very important to show your job hunting trials. I was requested to send them directly after the interview. it is better to postponed the interview date and start immediately sending your CV. Also state in your cover letter your application update status to gain required positive reply. wishing you all the best.