Thread: English Language Ability - I use my "Study for a recognised qualification conducted entirely in English" No IELTS

Default English Language Ability - I use my "Study for a recognised qualification conducted entirely in English" No IELTS

Dear Frends,

For English requirment, I am applying base on my Studies (in Singapore and Malaysia) which was completed entirly in English. Means not IELTS Cert.

Any one has experience what is normal procedure to get it approved or confirmed.

what documents you have to produce ?
    Is it diffecult to get exampted from IELTS ?
    Or any other experience to share with us..

You need a letter from the place where you studied to state that your course was entirely conducted in English.

When you submit your ITA, it is a good idea to point out in your cover letter that you have included THIS LETTER as proof of your English capability. Many COs seem to look automatically for IELTS, and send straight back asking for it when they find an ITA without one, but it is usually enough to reply, repeating that your proof is the letter, already submitted.

Notice that a CO has the right to ask for IELTS if they have any doubts about a particular candidate's ability, but they have to state the reason if they do this.

Dear JandM,

Many thanks for such a good information. If I understand correctly, once I submitted my EOI there will not be any verification of the information provided in my EOI.

Verification will be only started after I submit my ITA ?? Plz correct me if I am wrong.

When your EOI goes in, it doesn't have any proof with it. If it has the right number of points to be selected, then an official at INZ will look over what you have stated on the form, to see if it LOOKS AS IF you are entitled to the points you have claimed, just on the basis of what you have written there. If all appears to be well at that point, you will be issued with the ITA, which you have to send back with proof of everything you have stated about yourself, your work experience and your qualifications. Once your case is allocated to a CO, s/he will then verify every single piece of evidence.

You need to prove you are a competent speaker, user of English if you are coming from a non-native English speaking country.

That requirement is usually meant for a degree (or higher) recognised course conducted entirely in English. It would be a good idea not to just furnish proof of your degree in English but have your entire educational progression (from primary to post-secondary) proven to be conducted entirely in English. The equivalent to the IELTS (level for English) such as certificates in the IGSCE or CIE would be very helpful as well.

There is a probability that you won't get away from doing the IELTS exams, so just be prepared in case.

Dear JandM & Batgirl,

Much obliged with your kind feedback.
    Can I also check with you, I am i still entitled for job offer points if i get a job offer not exactly related to my qualified occupation (eg: System Analyst-261112) under skilled shortage list but related to other field in IT.