Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Singaporean mums in Wellington?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Any Singaporean mums in Wellington?

Hi there. Wondering whether there are any Singaporean mums in Wellington who wld like to meet up? I have lived here for 10 yrs now but have just started a family so wld be keen to meet others who wld like to do the same. I have 2 boys, a 3 yr old and a 16 mth old.

Why just Singaporean mums? Why not meetup with mums of all different nationalities? If some also happen to be Singaporean, great, others are all also going be mums with similar age children.

I believe the OP is just trying to touch base after living in Welly for so long.

If my memory is correct, most of the Singapore forum members in Welly are Singaporean couples who migrated. So your best bet would be to contact the Singapore Mission (which is in Welly) to get the details for clubs and associations connected to Singapore.

There's a Singapore club in Auckland and Christchurch so I am certain there is one in Welly. I believe that would be your best chance of meeting up with Singaporean mums.

Cheerio

Default Thank you! Your response is most helpful!

Thank you! Your response is most helpful. I didn't think to check with the high commission website. There is indeed a Wgtn club. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by batgirl1001 View Post
    I believe the OP is just trying to touch base after living in Welly for so long.

If my memory is correct, most of the Singapore forum members in Welly are Singaporean couples who migrated. So your best bet would be to contact the Singapore Mission (which is in Welly) to get the details for clubs and associations connected to Singapore.

There's a Singapore club in Auckland and Christchurch so I am certain there is one in Welly. I believe that would be your best chance of meeting up with Singaporean mums.

Cheerio

Hi! I'm not a mum yet but I love kids and we just moved from Singapore to Wellington recently. We would love to meet up with fellow Singaporeans and get to know the city and people here.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaajarP View Post
    Hi there. Wondering whether there are any Singaporean mums in Wellington who wld like to meet up? I have lived here for 10 yrs now but have just started a family so wld be keen to meet others who wld like to do the same. I have 2 boys, a 3 yr old and a 16 mth old.

Hi Nex,

I just read your post and I've learned a lot from it.
    I'm a foreigner living here in Singapore for the past 5 yrs with my wife and 2 kids, we're planning to migrate to NZ by next year.

Your blog is a great help to us, Keep it up.

Cheers from the little red dot country...

Paul_O

Hi Paul O,
    My wife and I, with two kids (7 &4) are planning on heading to NZ. Are you still planning on making the move? We're heading to Wellington so I'm doing a lot of research at the moment. I'm a kiwi but have lived abroad since 1995, and never lived in Wellington. A new start for us all.

Anyway, keep in touch and let me know how you're progressing. We'll most likely be heading to NZ in April.

Best,
    Apteryx

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_O View Post
    Hi Nex,

I just read your post and I've learned a lot from it.
    I'm a foreigner living here in Singapore for the past 5 yrs with my wife and 2 kids, we're planning to migrate to NZ by next year.

Your blog is a great help to us, Keep it up.

Cheers from the little red dot country...

Paul_O

Quote Originally Posted by nex View Post
    Hi! I'm not a mum yet but I love kids and we just moved from Singapore to Wellington recently. We would love to meet up with fellow Singaporeans and get to know the city and people here.
    I would love to meet up w you too!

Hi nex. I just read your blog, love the Singaporean perspective! Wld love to meet up with you. Just have to figure out how to pm you...

Btw, I am in spore at the moment and I can't stop eating!!!

I've just PM u
    Quote Originally Posted by HaajarP View Post
    Hi nex. I just read your blog, love the Singaporean perspective! Wld love to meet up with you. Just have to figure out how to pm you...

Btw, I am in spore at the moment and I can't stop eating!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast