Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Any Singaporean mums in Wellington?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New zealand
    Posts
    9

    Default Any Singaporean mums in Wellington?

    Hi there. Wondering whether there are any Singaporean mums in Wellington who wld like to meet up? I have lived here for 10 yrs now but have just started a family so wld be keen to meet others who wld like to do the same. I have 2 boys, a 3 yr old and a 16 mth old.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Takapuna
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Why just Singaporean mums? Why not meetup with mums of all different nationalities? If some also happen to be Singaporean, great, others are all also going be mums with similar age children.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    S'pore-2-AKL again
    Posts
    877

    Default

    I believe the OP is just trying to touch base after living in Welly for so long.

    If my memory is correct, most of the Singapore forum members in Welly are Singaporean couples who migrated. So your best bet would be to contact the Singapore Mission (which is in Welly) to get the details for clubs and associations connected to Singapore.

    There's a Singapore club in Auckland and Christchurch so I am certain there is one in Welly. I believe that would be your best chance of meeting up with Singaporean mums.

    Cheerio

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New zealand
    Posts
    9

    Default Thank you! Your response is most helpful!

    Thank you! Your response is most helpful. I didn't think to check with the high commission website. There is indeed a Wgtn club. Cheers!

    Quote Originally Posted by batgirl1001 View Post
    I believe the OP is just trying to touch base after living in Welly for so long.

    If my memory is correct, most of the Singapore forum members in Welly are Singaporean couples who migrated. So your best bet would be to contact the Singapore Mission (which is in Welly) to get the details for clubs and associations connected to Singapore.

    There's a Singapore club in Auckland and Christchurch so I am certain there is one in Welly. I believe that would be your best chance of meeting up with Singaporean mums.

    Cheerio

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Singapore->Wellington
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Hi! I'm not a mum yet but I love kids and we just moved from Singapore to Wellington recently. We would love to meet up with fellow Singaporeans and get to know the city and people here.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaajarP View Post
    Hi there. Wondering whether there are any Singaporean mums in Wellington who wld like to meet up? I have lived here for 10 yrs now but have just started a family so wld be keen to meet others who wld like to do the same. I have 2 boys, a 3 yr old and a 16 mth old.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Hi Nex,

    I just read your post and I've learned a lot from it.
    I'm a foreigner living here in Singapore for the past 5 yrs with my wife and 2 kids, we're planning to migrate to NZ by next year.

    Your blog is a great help to us, Keep it up.

    Cheers from the little red dot country...


    Paul_O

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaajarP View Post
    Hi there. Wondering whether there are any Singaporean mums in Wellington who wld like to meet up? I have lived here for 10 yrs now but have just started a family so wld be keen to meet others who wld like to do the same. I have 2 boys, a 3 yr old and a 16 mth old.
    Me! Me! Me!
    I just arrived 1.5 weeks ago. First time logging in enz after my move and so happy to see your post!
    My boy turn 3 last week so they can have fun together! I will pm you.
    Last edited by itsellesi; 4th September 2013 at 04:05 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nex View Post
    Hi! I'm not a mum yet but I love kids and we just moved from Singapore to Wellington recently. We would love to meet up with fellow Singaporeans and get to know the city and people here.
    I would love to meet up w you too!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New zealand
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Hi nex. I just read your blog, love the Singaporean perspective! Wld love to meet up with you. Just have to figure out how to pm you...

    Btw, I am in spore at the moment and I can't stop eating!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New zealand
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Hi there! That sounds great! I am trying to figure out how to pm you too...sorry, I am very new to this forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •