Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: visa options for my girlfriend

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    8

    Default visa options for my girlfriend

    hi there
    i am new to this forum .it seems helpful . i would like to explain my situtation clearly and i hope to get some information.
    i am permanent resident of new zealand . i have girlfriend in thailand .i know her for 1 year. first i met online then i went to thailand and met her in person. i went to thailand 2 times and stayed at her house those 2 times. 1st time i stayed 2 weeks .2nd time i stayed for 1month.now i m back in NZ working full time.we are in good relation. we talk in skype.we chat almost everyday.we have photos of us .i have reciept of me giving her some money to buy some gifts. i want to sponcer her to come to new zealand. i did read about INZ definition of partnership .well we haven't livied together .but we are in genuene relationship. i am thinking of inviting her under partnership based temparory visit entry. please help me .what do u think the best visa for her to come? i know she can not get work visa because we have not lived together. partnership recognition is confusing, thank u very much

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,843

    Default

    You are not going to be able to get a partner-sponsored visa of any kind for her, because you have not lived together. INZ will ONLY recognize partnership as a live-in relationship.

    Your girl friend should be able to enter NZ as a visitor, shouldn't she? If she does that, then comes to stay with you, you can collect evidence that you are living together, THEN move to one of the partner-sponsored visas.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Waterloo, Lower Hutt
    Posts
    505

    Default

    If you support her application for a visitor visa she may be able to stay longer than the usual 3 months; giving you both more time to collect evidence before applying for the family (partnership) sponsored work visa.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,843

    Default

    It tells you on the page about visitor visas that a person in the country can state they will give the applicant somewhere to stay.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    8

    Default visa for my gf

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It tells you on the page about visitor visas that a person in the country can state they will give the applicant somewhere to stay.
    thanks for the advice. yes i do agree with you. i did kind of thought about it but i wasn't fully sure. do you think its better i sponcer her ( my concern is if i sponcer inz may take it more serious because thet might think she may not want leave new zealand). second option is i give her some money so that she can show good money to inz. or do you think its better if i sponcer so that inz satisfy because i would be taking respinsibily since i am nz resident. if u dont mind please give me some suggestions because i am taking ur advice into good consideration. thank u so much

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    8

    Default

    hi again. i am just reading some info that it says if you are not living together but your partnership is genuine and stable then you can apply for general visitor visa. it sounds fine to me. if she apply general visitor visa , can we still provide evidence of our relationship for good cause! thank u

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,843

    Default

    i am just reading some info that it says if you are not living together but your partnership is genuine and stable then you can apply for general visitor visa.
    Can you give a link to this, please?

    The thing is, when INZ says anything about a 'genuine and stable partnership' it almost always MEANS the live-in relationship provable by evidence. Suppose someone could prove they had lived together for two years, then one partner's visa ran out and they had to leave, or one partner got a job that required them to go to a different country for six months - in that situation, there is a provable 'genuine and stable partnership', but the partners are not living together right now for a solid and reasonable reason. I think this MAY be the situation they have in mind in what you're reading.
    if she apply general visitor visa , can we still provide evidence of our relationship for good cause!
    Yes. In whatever way you can get to the same country and live together, you can start collecting evidence, as mentioned on the links given before.

    i did kind of thought about it but i wasn't fully sure. do you think its better i sponcer her ( my concern is if i sponcer inz may take it more serious because thet might think she may not want leave new zealand). second option is i give her some money so that she can show good money to inz.
    I very much see your point here.

    if u dont mind please give me some suggestions because i am taking ur advice into good consideration.
    I'm not allowed to give you advice (it's against NZ law because I'm not a licensed immigration adviser). You seem to be thinking good thoughts on this matter all on your own.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    8

    Default visa for my gf

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Can you give a link to this, please?

    The thing is, when INZ says anything about a 'genuine and stable partnership' it almost always MEANS the live-in relationship provable by evidence. Suppose someone could prove they had lived together for two years, then one partner's visa ran out and they had to leave, or one partner got a job that required them to go to a different country for six months - in that situation, there is a provable 'genuine and stable partnership', but the partners are not living together right now for a solid and reasonable reason. I think this MAY be the situation they have in mind in what you're reading.
    Yes. In whatever way you can get to the same country and live together, you can start collecting evidence, as mentioned on the links given before.

    I very much see your point here.

    I'm not allowed to give you advice (it's against NZ law because I'm not a licensed immigration adviser). You seem to be thinking good thoughts on this matter all on your own.
    hi there,
    yes i understand. definately she will be applying under general visitor visa, but i just want approach it in best possible way. we have plan to engage in her country, we will have photos of engagement ofcourse. do you think it give good impression to inz eventhough she will apply under general visitor! i also read applicatios asking questions in both sponcership form and visitor form .examples. do u think partner or anyone you know in nzl! and then what is the relationship to the sponcer! i am just wondering is she allowed to say .yes i have partner! thank you

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venk007 View Post
    hi there,
    yes i understand. definately she will be applying under general visitor visa, but i just want approach it in best possible way. we have plan to engage in her country, we will have photos of engagement ofcourse. do you think it give good impression to inz eventhough she will apply under general visitor! i also read applicatios asking questions in both sponcership form and visitor form .examples. do u think partner or anyone you know in nzl! and then what is the relationship to the sponcer! i am just wondering is she allowed to say .yes i have partner! thank you
    Hi there,
    I also see that ,inz look at her commitments in her country eventhough i sponcer her, at the movement my gf not working, is it ok if she is not employed yet have good amount of funds in her account either given by her parents! Cheers

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,843

    Default

    About your last point - you're right. For an ordinary visitor's visa, INZ do look at the reasons a visitor has for going home, e.g. a job to go back to, a home they still own or rent, family commitments, etc..

    As I said, nobody is allowed to advise. But I think you are seeing all the issues very clearly yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •