Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residency Under Partnership Application

Default Residency Under Partnership Application

Hi there again,

Here is my situation (for more details please refer to the last thread I started, of which JandM was of great assistance - http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39162):

My girlfriend is from Spain and arrived here in New Zealand on February with a work visa under partnership for one year (we had been living together overseas for six months prior to her arrival and had this visa granted in January of this year). We have been living here together since February and since then have been compiling evidence to use for her residency application. Since we have lived together overseas previously for six months and now we've been living together here for six months, we're going to apply for her residency in the coming weeks. She intends to continue her tertiary education here, but given the cost of international student fees she would only be able to do so if she was granted residency (so for our situation, the sooner she can be granted residency the better).

In her initial application for a working visa under partnership (which was lodged to the London branch in December 2012 and approved in January 2013), we included as much information and evidence as possible including the following:

- Evidence we are in a genuine and stable relationship (photos together, letters from family and roommates, skype / email conversations, receipts from travelling together etc)
    - Evidence we have lived together (rental agreements, bills, housing registration documents etc)
    - A General Medical Certificate and Chest X-ray Certificate completed by a certified doctor in Spain
    - A clean and officially translated Police Certificate

Basically the main question we have regarding the upcoming residency application (that will be lodged with the Wellington branch this time, not the London one) is whether we need to include all of the above evidence and documents again, or if some of it will remain on her file?

Any help you could provide in answering this question or general advice regarding a residency application (i.e. which parts of the residency application the case officer will require the most evidence on and how long an application generally takes to process) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Andrew.

She shouldn't need another medical certificate because of A4.20 d. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46161.htm

She shouldn't need another police certificate because of A5.10 d. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41439.htm

I would expect that records of the evidence with her earlier application will be still available through the INZ computer network, even though it was submitted to a different office. Ask them - it's a perfectly reasonably request.

I'm glad everything is going well, and good luck for this next phase.

Thanks JandM once again for your quick and helpful response. That's a great idea - I will try calling INZ sometime this week and ask them

Hi Andrew

I was in the same situation you described. I was on a partnership-based work visa before I got residency not long ago. I rang up Immigration to ask whether I needed to send them all the evidence again and they said yes because you always get a different case officer and sometimes they want to see the origional documents again. So just give them all the evidence you have the more the better. Our application was as thick as a phone book

Hi everyone...
    My question is Can the joint bank account be considered as "joint asset" as a proof of genuine partnership?..

Quote Originally Posted by Pariket View Post
    Hi everyone...
    My question is Can the joint bank account be considered as "joint asset" as a proof of genuine partnership?..
    Yes U can show the Joint bank account as a genuine partnership, and a letter from main applicant to sponsor the partner
    a letter from boarding/renting family
    or a letter from friend that You are living together in a a stable relationship
    invitation cards on both of your names

Quote Originally Posted by Pariket View Post
    Hi everyone...
    Yes, that's ONE thing.

There are old threads on the forum dealing with what people have used to prove their partnership. See the top hit here. http://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr#b...tnership+proof

Thanks for your prompt response.. Ya I have seen the previous threads.. they are really useful.. In fact INZ has sent list of required documents... But they are asking very specific... 2 sets of documents have been given... from each set they are asking at least 3 documents.. So I am struggling with first set of documents as I don't have any tenancy agreement/ residential property/ loan or mortgage..But I do have joint bank account and joint insurance policy.. so looking for third... Anyways I will keep you all updated.. Thanks again for your responses.

A joint asset - do you have some object which you own in common, for instance a car, or a washing machine, which you paid for either out of your joint account, or that you both put money towards?

A list of required documents... that's a new one. Could you be kind enough to copy it over, if it's not too long? It could help people planning ahead.

No I don't have any "joint asset" as such.. It's been just one year I have moved here.. Car has been rigesitered with my wife's name.. I asked them to add my name but NZTA said that's not possible after may 2011...Therefore I am asking can the joint bank account be considered as joint asset? and if not then suppose I buy a microwave as a joint owners.. so can that be considered as asset or it should be something expensive?

It's a little bit long list.. but I will upload it soon...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast