Default Can I take in my container

Moving in a month and just wanted some advice on if we can take

Garden wooden seat
    Wooden step ladders
    Wooden elephant we brought from Thailand years ago
    Wooden dinning room table and - not sure why I am worried about this

Also
    tea bags - can I take
    Also happen to have brought bottles of duty free gin etc on travels and still have some not opened - do I have to drink heavily in the next month or can I take?

All the wooden things sound as though they will have been made from processed/preserved wood, so they themselves shouldn't be any sort of biohazard. Therefore, what you'll need to be sure of is that you clean everything VERY thoroughly, especially the garden seat and the ladders, which will have been outdoors. They will be checking for anything live, or that can contain life, so - no earth/mud, which can have bacteria or eggs of e.g. snails, slugs and insects, or seeds, in; no plant debris, which might be bearing spores of moulds or mildews, or seeds; no cobwebs or insect cocoons, for eggs, larvae, or hibernating creatures; and obviously, no creatures running around in cracks. The drill is, brush things off, wash off if necessary, vacuum thoroughly, specially crevices and underneath, and wipe over with a quite strong-smelling disinfectant (so when they open the container, it shows you've made the effort ).

You can take your drink along, but you have to list what there is, and you COULD get charged duty if they thought there was a quantity that you might be selling. Notice, some companies try telling you that you can't take alcohol, but that's them, not NZ customs - there are old threads, e.g. here http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38639, where this is discussed.

Teabags are good to go.

just to add to this post...I'm sure I came a across an internet searchable list on the NZ customs site or the MPI but I can't seem to find it now. Did I dream it?

There are various lists on the links from here http://www.mpi.govt.nz/biosecurity-a...fare/importing and here http://www.customs.govt.nz/features/...s/default.aspx. (Internet searchable? - do you mean, you could type in the thing you're wondering about? I haven't seen one like that.)

Thanks for the lists. Perhaps I was dreaming about the database search then
    If ever I discover I wasn't I'll let you know!

I brought things similar to your list with no problems. But make sure you know which box your wooden elephant is in (my moving company numbered all the boxes but the inventory for each box wasn't very thorough). I had a wooden fish sculpture that MAF had a difficult time finding. I also brought a couple of bottles of gin that were partially consumed, but no problems.

Good luck and happy packing!