Thread: Applying Immigration for two countries

Lightbulb Applying Immigration for two countries

Dear fellows,

I have applied for Residence to INZ back in starting 2013 which is under process. But now I want to apply immigration for another country.

My simple queries are:

Would it affect my existing application with INZ?
    Should I inform INZ prior to applying immigration to new country?

Your feedback is welcome.

Regards to all,

The time it could affect your application to INZ under SMC is if you are called for interview with a CO, to establish your employability in NZ. Pretty obviously, if you were about to go and live/work in another country, no NZ employer could rely on you as a worker, so the CO would have some searching questions about your intentions.

What are you thinking of doing? - living in whichever country gives you residence first?

Thanks JandM!

In a manner of speaking "yes". Just on a lighter tone.

Acknowledging the obvious contradiction in my queries. But it was just a matter of better opportunity for myself and family, similar to INZ evaluation for the residency candidates. That is exactly the reason that I wanted to know, because I do not want my intentions to be questioned.

And referring to my original question, should I disclose this to INZ?? or this disclosure is mandatory?

That's one for you to decide. The INZ regulations say any applicant should update them with any change in their circumstances, so the question here is at what point an actual 'change' happens. Is it when someone applies for the other visa, or not until that visa is granted?