Thread: which visa???

Default which visa???

any advice please...im a kiwi(42)my hubby(55) i moved out to uk in 2005,got married,8yrs now.he got no family here and all mine are back in nz so we have decided to make to move back hm,for family and a more relaxed life..my question is which visa should my hubby apply for?and does he get permant residince as he been married to me? also last yr he had a PE(blood-clot throuh his lung)and is now on warfarin life long.will this be a problem?..and will he be able to work asap when we get there? anyone????

I've answered you about the visa on your other thread, and given you the links to the regulations. And if he gets to NZ with Residence or PR, he will be entitled to work at anything, or start a business, or study, or do nothing, exactly as he chooses.

Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/45634.htm are the regulations about health requirements.

thanks JandM,was just concerned about him being on the warfarin tablets as dont want to spend money on visa just to be refused because of it.thanks for the info grt help.

The financial question is what underlies the rules - as long as whatever treatment isn't too expensive, it's okay. (That is, obviously, unless we're talking about one of the really serious conditions, or one dangerous to other people.)