Thread: Cover Letter to submit ITA

Default Cover Letter to submit ITA

Hi All,

I am looking for format of Cover Letter to submit along with my documents (for ITA submission).
    Can anyone please share the format of the Cover Letter?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Ankur

There isn't a particular set format.

One important thing is to make it as easy as possible for the CO to find each piece of evidence and relate it to the point it is meant to prove on your ITA. People have mentioned numbering and listing their documents, in the order of the sections of the ITA form. (It's also a good idea to keep a list for yourself of exactly what you are sending, and what it's like, so that if at a later time the CO said you hadn't supplied proof of x, you can reply immediately, 'Yes, it's an A5 printed form on grey paper, issued by the University of ABC,' and put the onus back on them to find it in your bundle.)

Another thing is to state as clearly as possible any particular issues about your case, e.g. if the doctor flagged an abnormality on your medical, but you know about the condition and you're supplying a letter from your own doctor explaining the treatment and prognosis as an extra, or if your application includes your children, and you're including the necessary permission from your ex to take them with you.

I have a cover letter too, I itemized them as what JandM said. Like I claimed points for my qualification on EOI but I mentioned that I will not claims points on my resident application for that so there's no need for me to submit NZQA Assessment.

I was on work visa and my wife got her work visa thru partnership, I also mentioned that we already have a record for evidence of relationship. Same goes with out police certificate and medical certificates.

I didn't use a cover letter but attached the ITA letter (from INZ) as the first page. I arranged the various documents/evidences based on the sequence of the checklist so it was easier for the receiver to check through them. INZ didn't have (or give me) any problem with it.

Thanks ncino and breeze.

I sent ITA documents to INZ via a Tracking courier yesterday.
    I too arranged the documents in serial order and created different sets of each category of the documents (like Qualifications, Police Certificates, Medicals etc.).
    I created a cover letter too mentioning all the originals which I have attached (Police Certifcate, NZQA qualification) to get them back.

Count down has just begun. Hope something good will come out soon.

Thanks for your help especially JandM on every step.

Regards,
    Ankur

Hi,

It is not mandatory to send the original police certificate, in my opinion. In my case, I have sent Lawyer attested photo copy.
    I am just giving heads-up, so that other people may use your post while they send their documents.

FYI, I got my original university transcripts back after due verification from INZ.

Regards,
    Raju

Hi Raju,

Thanks for your reply.
    I was bit confused to send original copy or not. To avoid any mess further, I send them original copy of Police certificate(s) from different countires alongwith a Photostat Copy attested by Executive Magistrate First class.

Regards,
    Ankur

Hi,

In my checklist sent by London Branch, it is mentioned that "You must provide original Police Certificates from all countries of citizenship and from any country where you have lived for more than 12 months in the last 10 years even if these are only a number of short stays which are collectively 12 months in total".