Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: procedures to escalate CO please help

Default procedures to escalate CO please help

Hi There,

Anyone could help me with the procedures of escalating CO. my application under process since 8 months ago.
    I been working in NZ since 1 year and 2 months, my points for the application 205 points. my family still out of NZ cause of my wife was pregnant and she gave birth on my original country. the CO is very tough and not helpful at all and no humanity matter taken on consideration which really something disappointed me on modern developed country like NZ the CO dont know even what kind of options should i proceed with to apply for another Visa. CO's are not mature enough to deal with customer and not mature in their job. most of my friends on the same case like me got their residency after 1 months max from applying...

please anyone help me how can i escalate this issue to higher level ...

Thanks,

I'm sorry, but I don't think you have got any grounds for complaint here. As you could see on any number of old threads of explanation here, there are set rules for the COs on the procedure they follow when processing applications. They HAVE to do things in order, and the priorities are set by the system. You feel you should side-step this because of your personal circumstances, but, no doubt, so does just about everybody else - all those hundreds of other applicants who are ALSO waiting, and who have just as many rights as you. The workload, and the number of people in the queue ahead of you, is not your CO's fault.

most of my friends on the same case like me got their residency after 1 months max from applying...
    You cannot know this. Every person has different circumstances. Their qualifications and work experience come from different places at different times. Their families have different members, with spouses with different qualifications. Their medicals may be different. They sent in their applications at different times, and possibly the work in the queue at the INZ office was different then, with maybe different staff, or different numbers of staff in place at the time. Again, I'm sorry, but it is never helpful to hear about another person's case and think, 'That happened to him, so it should happen to me.'

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.hiedar View Post
    most of my friends on the same case like me got their residency after 1 months max from applying...
    Have to ask, which branch did you submit your application to and which branch did your friends?

Have to say that last time I looked, the average time from Wellington was 12 months so if you and your friends applied there then they were incredibly lucky to be processed this quickly. And to be honest, anyone who gets residency processed in 1 month max is doing very well IMHO.

Regarding the complaints process, this was documented on the immigration website at one time, not sure if it is still available?

Ian

@IanW99 its Auckland branch. I been working here for 1 year and 2 months. my total points 205. no medical issues and no charterer issues.
    @jandM what I know from my friends cases they have some circumstances and the CO took this in consideration and give them high priory .another thing my family cannot apply for another visas now cause some crisis in Egypt unsuitability I think the priority is to make one family together more than any other things specially for someone who working and paying taxes .

Thanks,

But it is not the CO's fault that there is unrest in Egypt, and it is not the CO's fault that originally your wife couldn't travel with you because of her pregnancy. Since you are on a valid work visa you are here lawfully, whereas other people might have applied for residency before they started the job.
    Everybody has 'circumstances', but maybe some of them are easier to solve than others.

Default Really ???

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    But it is not the CO's fault that there is unrest in Egypt, and it is not the CO's fault that originally your wife couldn't travel with you because of her pregnancy. Since you are on a valid work visa you are here lawfully, whereas other people might have applied for residency before they started the job.
    Everybody has 'circumstances', but maybe some of them are easier to solve than others.
    Strange excuses !! they are not like machines right ? they are human ? and its not my fault as well right ? i am really disappointed of your mind set and and please don't reply to my massages again don't like your way !!! .
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.hiedar View Post
    Strange excuses !! they are not like machines right ? they are human ? and its not my fault as well right ? i am really disappointed of your mind set and and please don't reply to my massages again don't like your way !!! .
    Thanks,
    Since we are living in a free country and this is a public forum, I am sorry that you don't like 'my way', but I don't really see how you will stop anyone from having an opinion.
    For what it's worth- we had huge problems with our visa process when we first came here and there was nothing we could do to persuade anyone to make any exemptions.., so do lots of other people on here (and others who are not on here, too). Of course your own situation is the one close to your heart, well understandably, and yes, the CO is human, but still there need to be rules he can follow, since otherwise everyone would try to get the best possible outcome for himself.

i am not asking about opinion in my discussion i am asking a clear question !! what is the procedures to escalate CO.. that's it i have more details you dont know. so if you know the procedures ok if not thank you for sharing.

btw both of my friend work the same they dont have my excuses we applied on the same day. they got approved after 1 month.... now i spent 8 month .. and the CO every day say wrong info.. I think she new in here job ..

Most applicants for residency visas in NZ have experienced very long time frames for their visa processing so it isn't unusual for someone to be in the system and processed for 8 months. Having said that, you can lodge a complaint against your CO if you feel like it, but the outcome would be unpredictable and may not expedite your visa application. It may even cause further delays.

You can consider contacting the manager of the Auckland branch or the section head of the CO. You may also lodge your complaint against NZIS direct by going to http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ntsprocess.htm

I am trying to understand your situation and I do believe you are very worried for your wife and child as the situation in Egypt is very unstable. Hence you are very emotional and angry. It doesn't help you here as people do try to help but are completely put off by your tone. Also calling your CO names and berating them isn't helpful either. You will end up without anyone helping you at all, driving people away.

If you feel that your situation is desperate and your wife, child life is in danger and you can prove it, I would suggest you approach your Member of Parliament (MP) for assistance. There are also various humanitarian organisations in NZ which may be able to direct and assist you better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast