Thread: Main electricity boards in north island

Default Main electricity boards in north island

Hi I am new to this forum and am hoping some of you could help me My partner & I are looking at NZ as a possible future location as I have family out there and they cant speak highly enough of it. I work for the Electricity board as a cable jointer and have been looking at companies in NZ however alot of them seem to be contractors rather than the main board. I know contracting is more money (or atleast here it is) but I prefer the stability of a main business company so this is the route I would prefer to take. Ideally I would like to be in a coastal area (the north of the north island is where my family first lived and they loved it) however I understand this may not be possible to start with. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Shane

Hello Shane,

I would suggest that you search www.yellow.co.nz for "electrician" in the specific area that you hope to settle in. This should generate a list of businesses with their contact details. Make some inquiries that way.

Just a thought, all the best.

David

Hi David

Thanks for the response, apologies for my delayed reply. I have found a list of electricity companies on a website about power cut emergency numbers. I have also contacted the EWRB to try and find out how to go about having my qualifications assessed aswell.

Thanks
    Shane