Thread: Nursing registration and ITA

Default Nursing registration and ITA

Hi all been lurking around in the background taking in all this useful info, but just got a query myself. I was lucky enough to get a job offer back in May, and should be starting Sept (highly unlikely). The whole IELTS thing has really slowed the whole process down.
    So EOI has been selected and received ITA few weeks ago. Does anybody know if it would be worth sending in the ITA application without my nursing registration? Not that the ITA is due to expire but I am just trying to move the process along a little faster (if that's possible)! We have also had our medicals and I am now thinking we may have had them too early as the threads I am reading about nurse registration it seems to take a good few months.
    Also I presume that if I apply for a working visa (accredited employer) would that also not be processed until registration comes through?
    Seems like the whole process is all about timing, but difficult to time things right when its in the hands of others!

No, you've got to have your registration before you are considered qualified for the job, so it's no use applying for the visas till you've got it. If you still haven't received your registration (though you've long since applied for it) when your ITA is getting near to running out, tell the CO, with copies of applications and any communications, and ask for an extension.