Thread: Christchurch Branch

Default Christchurch Branch

Hi All

Was wondering if anyone else is playing the waiting game with the Christchurch Branch?

Submitted our ITA 11 June 2013 with a job offer.

Received all the paperwork back 2 days later with a letter saying we now have to wait.

Spoke to the contact centre on another matter and was told the residency application is in a managed queue.

So, how's everyone else doing? I'm really hoping it won't take 6-9 months to be looked at

Hi

We submitted our ITA and it was receipted by Christchurch on Feb 7th and like you received all of our paperwork back within a couple of days
    Heard absolutely nothing since ( website says "application received")

So 6 months on with no case officer - Feel like forgetting the whole thing :-(

Hi. Neither of you mention your citizenship. If you come from a country which necessitates a National Security Check, this can add to the timeframe. Even if this doesn't apply, I guess you also need to remember that there are a lot of people heading for Christchurch right now and so they are probably battling a very high workload at present. If your current visa gets close to expiry, it is worth contacting INZ and reminding them of this. It can help. Hang on in there! Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Hi. Neither of you mention your citizenship. If you come from a country which necessitates a National Security Check, this can add to the timeframe. Even if this doesn't apply, I guess you also need to remember that there are a lot of people heading for Christchurch right now and so they are probably battling a very high workload at present. If your current visa gets close to expiry, it is worth contacting INZ and reminding them of this. It can help. Hang on in there! Karen
    I'm from the UK ( Scotland) so will probably be scrutinised closely
    Been here 26 mths now, in the same job and still have until May before visa expires

I'm from the UK too, Yorkshire ...
    Been here 3 years now, and just received new work visas this week, so it doesn't look like they'll be in a rush to sort the residency.
    I hoped it would be done before Christmas so my son could come back and go to uni

Hi. 6 months an Case Office sounds a long time. Might be worth a friendly call to INZ??? I had a client submit ITA in July (who is in NZ) to Wellington and he has a case officer allocated. Might just be luck of the draw and Christchurch is extra busy. Fingers crossed. Sometimes, if you explain why you need this sooner rather than later, it can help. I do hope so. Cheers. Karen

hello all,
    from uk... Yorkshire also.
    me and my wife lodged at Christchurch branch , 140 points / working in nz for 12 months or more. date being 2nd may.. status always 'pending' havnt heard anything from inz and cant get a shred of info out of the contact centre either. guess we will all just have to sit and play the waiting game...

good luck everyone..

ben
    Last edited by benni; 17th August 2013 at 06:00 PM.

Benni, how long do your temporary work visas have to run? INZ won't feel that your Residence application has a high priority till they're near the end. The thinking seems to be, 'They're here, legal, earning their living, so what's the rush?' which leaves out your totally understandable desire to feel all sorted out and secure. If you get to within about eight weeks of the expiry of your work visa, then write to point that out to INZ and ask if the Residence is likely to come through in time, or do you need to apply for another work visa, very often the Residence is magically done in a very short space of time.

I spoke to the contact centre today. The lady was lovely and very sympathetic, but said there is no way to speed up the process. She did however check to see where they are at, and told me they are allocating a case officer to February applications at the moment. Based on that it will be another 4 months for mine to be allocated possibly!!