Thread: timeline from submitting ITA to getting CO assigned

Default timeline from submitting ITA to getting CO assigned

Hey everyone,

I know that the above timeline can vary widely depending on many different factors, but I did receive a letter from INZ soon after I submitted my ITA saying a case officer would be assigned to me within 30 days , and so I'm wondering if that's just the usual wording they send out or do they really adhere to that timeline?

Did anyone else receive a similar letter and had a CO assigned within the 30 day period?

cheers

Mine says within 6 months!! Which branch is yours at?
    Mine is sitting in a managed queue, so looks like I'll be paying for more temporary visas, as ours expire at the end of August

Mine was initially mentioned 4 months and then extended to 6 months @ London branch

mine was 6 to 9 months but got my AIP in less than 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by rossojo View Post
    Mine says within 6 months!! Which branch is yours at?
    Mine is sitting in a managed queue, so looks like I'll be paying for more temporary visas, as ours expire at the end of August
    Hmmmm It seems that it isn't some usual wording then! rossojo, I submitted at the Wellington branch but I'm living in NZ and working on my third temp work visa at the moment....

Thanks elasmo1

I thought it was the Wellington branch, when I spoke to INZ yesterday about renewing our temp visas, I mentioned the 30 days for Wellington and asked why with a job offer and visas expiring soon mine said 6 months for Chch. The response ... 30 days? sounds like a typo!!!

Hoping for you it's not a typo, also hoping mine is quicker than 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by rossojo View Post
    Thanks elasmo1

I thought it was the Wellington branch, when I spoke to INZ yesterday about renewing our temp visas, I mentioned the 30 days for Wellington and asked why with a job offer and visas expiring soon mine said 6 months for Chch. The response ... 30 days? sounds like a typo!!!

Hoping for you it's not a typo, also hoping mine is quicker than 6 months
    well as has been mentioned on this forum MANY times, every case is different. My job is on the LTSSL and not sure if THAT has any influence either lol, still I doubt it's a typo!!

Obviously I will let this forum know if they adhere to the timeline (or not)....