Thread: timeframe in letter passing, worth going in to ask about?

Default timeframe in letter passing, worth going in to ask about?

Hey guys,

This is a minor question, really compared to other people's issues here. I touched briefly on the same issue a few weeks back just to see if other people had had similar timeframes in a letter received by INZ. The letter is just the standard one they send out after the ITA has been lodged. My one said a CO would be allocated to me within 30 days, and yes I know that is VERY quick, and people on here did question whether it may have been a typo etc...

Anyway it's coming up to 30 days, and so far no email from a CO. I know this whole process is a waiting game, but i was wondering if it was worth just going in to the INZ in Wellington, I work just round the corner from there and the people are very helpful at the front desk, to ask them if it was normal to have a 30 day period for a CO etc etc...

Or should I just leave it and wait some more and not hassle them lol... I know every case is different... I guess we all need to be a little patient with these things...

any tips would help, especially if anyone else has had a letter with a 30 day time frame in for a CO to be allocated

hey mate

we had the same letter saying 30 days but our 30 days aren't over yet, so would be following your posts how you go. I understand at times they may not inform even if a CO has been assigned but I would imagine 30 days in a rough time line that is very elastic.

Hope for the best.

I think you know what I'd say, I've typed it so often.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I think you know what I'd say, I've typed it so often.
    I do JandM!!! so I don't need to ask lol

Just a side note, I've been messaging Zaryab about this and this afternoon, precisely 30 days exactly from the ITA lodgement date, I get an email from my case officer saying that at this stage they don't need to request any more information from me personally. They are just checking with my employer about my work etc.

Talk about good timing

Hi Elasmo 1..
    I have exactly same situation as you... but you are few steps further than me..
    I'm waiting for my Work visa based on partnership then plan to submit EOI with finding skill employment in Wellington.
    Unfortunately I couldn't find any contact of you here to email you personally,
    May I have your e-mail to get some advice from you ,, or please just send me an email to []

Kind Regards

[Edited to remove email address. See forum Rule 10. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40236 When once you have made five posts, the site will automatically switch on your ability to send and receive PMs. If you click on someone's username over one of their posts, you will see the ability to PM will be one of the options in the drop-down box.]