Thread: Where to live in Auckland

Default Where to live in Auckland

Hi,

My husband has been in Auckand for 3 months and is renting a studio apartment for $360 per week in Remuera, 2 mins from Newmarket Train Station. I have just arrived and we are now looking to move to a 2 bed place, but not sure about areas. We have no chilfdren asnd my husband works in the CBD so it's less than 30 mins away door to door. We would liek to stay in this area but the rents for 2 bed places are aminimum $550 and nowhere near the train station.

We would like advice on a good area near a train station that is within 30-45 mins commute of the CBD. Or any thoughts on living in the CBD? as this may be a viable option?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I guess many people will have their favourites to tell you about. Have you also considered possibly using the bus network? - that might open up more possibilities. http://www.maxx.co.nz/

You can find some areas in the CBD which are quiet and have fantastic apartment buildings for rent at a decent price below $500 for a 2 bedroom. I used to own an apartment on Vincent Street called the Eclipse and location wise, it is central yet quiet and the apartment building is modern, 4 years old. You can look up Eden Terrace, St Mary's Bay, Newton etc as well which are just outside the CBD but a mere 10 mins walk away or if you prefer bike to work. It isn't Remuera mind you.

There are will be lots in the CBD, though they will be on the smaller size. I too endorse St Mary's Bay, Newton, Grafton, even Freeman's Bay and Ponsonby. I pay $540/ week for a 76 square metre 2BD in St Mary's Bay. 15-20 minute walk to Queen Street.

My suggestion : Look at WEST - Mount Albert , KingsLand , NewLynn for 2 BR units or houses and your should be paying between 390-490 depending on location and condition of Unit /house.

Kingsland--good suggestion! excellent bus and train service to the CBD.

Quote Originally Posted by shawankit View Post
    My suggestion : Look at WEST - Mount Albert , KingsLand , NewLynn for 2 BR units or houses and your should be paying between 390-490 depending on location and condition of Unit /house.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions. Plenty to think about. We've also looked at Mission Bay, Saint Helliers or Orekai? any opinions on these areas?