Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD's?

Default CD's?

Where do people buy CD's from over here?

The Warehouse, if you want the "Top 100" or "Now that's what I call Karaoke 2013"

Anything else I get from Amazon UK (which often does free shipping to NZ).

As someone that has over 1000 cds, I am avid music collector and audiophile. These days I source my music online via Itunes or Spotify. My HiFi now has an external DAC to sweeten those MP3 files.

I was advised to keep my Canadian iTunes account afloat, which has proved a good call. Better selection, often cheaper. I also keep one Canadian credit card--but you can also top it up with iTunes gift cards.

I, too, am an avid music listener (is that what maniacs call themselves?) with over 1000 cds and now I really only listen to new music through streaming services such as Spotify. Just don't tell Neil Young because he gets really angry about that. Many years ago I purchased cds at The Warehouse. There is also Mightyape.co.nz
    I was wondering how to purchase through iTunes as I still use my US iTunes account. Thanks for that tip jawnbc.

Who buys CD's anymore? There are slowing fading away shops on high streets and in the malls, but, realistically, CDs are a dead (dying) medium. I used to have over 3000 CDs (back in the early noughties) but converted to all digital around 2005 and now have just over 4300 albums in iTunes.

( I have NZ, US, UK and Canadian iTunes accounts.)

Us oldies buy CDs still and I prefer to see and feel something like a CD rather than digital invisibility. But then I still have 1000 vinyl LPs. I buy from Amazon UK as its been stated already there is quite a lot of free shipping specials which appear in my email (another old fashioned form of communication lol)

Quote Originally Posted by catt View Post
    Us oldies buy CDs still and I prefer to see and feel something like a CD rather than digital invisibility. But then I still have 1000 vinyl LPs. I buy from Amazon UK as its been stated already there is quite a lot of free shipping specials which appear in my email (another old fashioned form of communication lol)
    I love vinyl and this question is off topic but, wow, where do you store 1000 records? Did you ship them over in a container and how did they fare if you did? In a fit of moving tidying madness, I got rid of the majority of my vinyl and now I see all these wonderful turntables that you can just hook up to a cd recorder and convert them. Dang. At least I kept my heart shaped Kate Bush record.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwieagle View Post
    I love vinyl and this question is off topic but, wow, where do you store 1000 records? Did you ship them over in a container and how did they fare if you did? In a fit of moving tidying madness, I got rid of the majority of my vinyl and now I see all these wonderful turntables that you can just hook up to a cd recorder and convert them. Dang. At least I kept my heart shaped Kate Bush record.
    Shippers came and boxed them up for me when we moved over and I am busy putting them on to CD now I have the time to do so. They faired fine, no problems so far. Eventually I suppose I will sell them as I believe they are coming back into fashion........as they say what goes a"round" comes a"round" sorry about the pun. Daughter has said I will have to have them shipped back for her as she wants them....said she will inherit if I still have them

I agree, The Warehouse, or probably JB Hi-Fi. I'm not sure if Real Groovy still has stores anywhere anymore, but www.realgroovy.co.nz used to be really good too.

Slightly off topic but will uk cd's play in kiwi bought cd players or cd players in cars or are there region issues?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast