Thread: Gardening equipment

Default Gardening equipment

Trying to sort out our gardening equipment.
    We're keen gardeners so we'll be packing our spades, trowels, forks etc after a very good clean, of course

What I'm wondering about is all the plastic pots and seed trays that we have.
    So far I've sorted out a few, but should we be thinking of bring them all? Is this kind of thing difficult to come by/expensive?

Thanks for your words on wisdom on any gardening items!

Easy enough to clear the garden tools but plan on them being checked which would cost you.

I personally wouldn't bother with the plastic pots and seed trays. You can buy them and they probably are more expensive, but there are always other things you can use instead if you need them, all your old yoghurt pots , toilet rolls etc. As I am sure you know. I think bringing them would not be worth the hassle of having to clean them very very thoroughly so they look like new, having to pay to have them inspected etc.

We did bring ceramic planters and they were absolutely fine.

thanks for your comments.
    As I thought, it's that balance between can I really be bothered to clean and scrub that against making do/buying new!

I'll keep just the "good stuff" then and the general plastic pots etc can find new homes here

There are plenty of big stores selling stuff like that relatively cheaply, e.g. The Warehouse. Just bring what is important to you/won't be available in NZ .

Oh thats good to hear...I'm quite excited by hearing you brought ceramic pots. how did you go about cleaning them?? pressure washing, hot soapy scrub then steam cleaning...how does that sound?? :0)

Hi yes, we brought along the "good stuff" that we could be bothered to clean! including ceramic pots
    Everything was cleaned with Jeyes fluid and a scrubbing brush.
    If muck doesn't come off after that you're probably spending too much time on cleaning when there's lots of other things to do !!!