Thread: Birth certificate -- Help !!!!!!!!!!

Default Birth certificate -- Help !!!!!!!!!!

Again am back to square from where I started...

Frank Fu (CO) asked for the Birth certificate and gave us time till 30 Aug 2013. I have already started my process to obtain birth certificate through Court (2 months now) as there is wrong date mentioned in my birth certificate. However hospital record has correct date. The court process will take it's own time ( whole Aug )and municiple coorporation it's own time to issue letter based on court decision.

What should I say to CO as I need time extention from him.

Please help !!!!

hey J&M , any suggestion ???

You need to tell the CO what you have just said here, supplying copies of who you have contacted to try and get the certificates he wants, and the replies, and ask him to allow the time for them to come through. You can also ask if there is any other evidence you can give, such as a sworn affidavit from your parents. And do your parents have any old paperwork that refers to the time when you were actually born? - maybe they had a discharge letter from the hospital. I guess you have already pointed out other evidence you have sent in already, that your correct birth date has been admitted by the authorities who knew you, e.g. your school and qualifications, your passport, etc. or anything else? Don't be afraid to try use your CO as a source of suggestions - they must see a much wider range of human v. bureaucratic records problems than the rest of us.

(I've replied as soon as I saw your post - I'm in a different time zone from you! )

awwww so nice of you J&M
    Thanks for suggestion. Earlier I had tension but reading you reply I am bit relaxed now. The next court hearing will happen on 11 Aug. So what do you suggest should I wait till 11 Aug or reply to CO now with mentioned scenerio ?

I don't want any negative response at this stage because have invested time & money

Always Appreciate your reply

I think, get in touch with him straight away and give him the full picture.

A CO has to tick the boxes for evidence he has checked, and obviously there is one saying 'birth certificate' (which ideally will show the true birth date, but this isn't an ideal world!). What you're trying to do is help him tick the box in some acceptable way. He has no reason to be angry at you because of the difficulty, which is not of your making, and if you keep him informed of what you're trying to get through other agencies, so much the better. They only get a bit hard, usually, if people expect them to be mind-readers.