Thread: is a Graduate post deemed a skilled job?

Default is a Graduate post deemed a skilled job?

Hey Guys

Sorry if the title sounds ambiguous.. I kinda have an offer of employment in Christchurch for a big software company .. But the offered role is a Graduate Software Developer ..

I am on a SF JSV (still not in NZ yet) .. I am wondering, that if I did accept this Full-Time offer of employment would I be able to apply for Residency?

I am aware that with SF JSV, I do not have to have my offer of employment labor-market tested ..

Please advise.

Cheers

If you enter "ICT, Electronics and Telecommunications" here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/templ...ACHEHINT=Guest, you'll find that there are many different occupations listed as Skilled under that heading. None of them has exactly the same title as the job you're being offered, but that won't matter if the responsibilities of the job match up with one of the descriptions, and if you have the qualifications mentioned in the other columns. You can pick out one of the occupations, for instance, "Software Engineer (261313)" and do a Google search for the ANZSCO description. (Don't be put off if you find a website that mentions requirements for Australian immigration - take no notice of those, as it's just the description that NZ shares.)